Urgent ableton question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well my device is done if you would like to try it.

The Device on Maxforlive.com

Mediafire.com Download

Let me know what you think, as this is my first device.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by vondoom View Post
    I'm assuming you want to put the knob in increments of one because you want finer tuning of tempo? If you map a knob on the MPD32 to tempo, you can change the parameters of that knob to meet a certain range (i.e. 120-140bpm) or change the sensitivity of how fast you turn the knob to change tempo. Another way to change tempo in a live scenario would be using scene launches.
    Without M4L this is the best way to do it. Make sure to set the knob to only work within a certain range. 120 to 140 is a good place to start if you're doing fairly standard EDM.

str8updrew you are the mother flippin MAN. But I don't have max for live. It looks fricken perfect so might have to find some sorta way of scrapin the funds together for it!

Thank you so much for taking the time though! It's a fine fine piece of work for your first patch!

Much love,

RJ

Tech Wizard

I do something similair with midi clips and midi loopback. It's not perfect, but works/sounds fine as long as you aren't using re-pitch (in which case the pitch shifts become rather audible/glitchy)

Posted this on the aldj forum, enjoy.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Useful if you don't have an endless encoder for tempo on your controller, and don't want to be locked to a fixed range of a fader.

Here's the solution;

Make a midi track,
    route it back to live via the IAC drive (or midiyoke on pc i guess),
    create two clips,
    open up the envelopes for midi CCs on the clips (i used cc8),
    set the first 16th to 70 and the rest of the clip to 64 for one clip, and the other you do the same but set the first 16th to 58 (the more you deviate from 64 the faster the bpm will change),
    set launch mode to repeat, quantization to 1/16th
    launch one of the clips,
    open midi map mode, click the fine tempo field to map it,
    stop the transport (hit space),
    change the midi mode relative (lin. BinOffset),
    exit midi map mode,
    deactivate the loops on your clips (or move them so they don't contain the first 16th of the bar),
    map buttons on your controller (or your keyboard) to the clips you made.

Try it, adjust the value of the first 16th of your clip to modify how fast the bpm changes.

Success.

Adding acceleration shouldn't be too hard by making a longer clip and using gate instead of repeat, and slowly ramping up the speed of the change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12