Faderfox DX2 for Traktor Pro

View Poll Results: What is your preferred internal mixer?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Faderfox DJ2

1 33.33%
  • M-Audio X-Session

0 0%
  • Torq Exponent

0 0%
  • Vestax VCI-100

2 66.67%
  • None of the above

0 0%
    Tech Wizard

Default Faderfox DX2 for Traktor Pro

Hi all,

Although I've been playing music since I was 5 (I'm 23), I am relatively new to DJ-ing. The idea kicked off about a year ago when I realised DJ-ing in fact opens up a plethora of possibilities: mixing entirely different genres into one another; and yet morphing selected tracks with effects and destruction. Lets just say it set off a creative spark from within

I bought Traktor Pro around two months ago and I love it! I decided to switch from the age-old mouse and so I bought a Faderfox DX2 earlier this week with the intention of buying a Firebox interface. I want to stay away from using an external mixer simply because they are impractically big and heavy for carrying between the UK and Brussels (I do this often). I am totally stuck as to what to do next . . . . ?

Buy a DJ2? An X-Session (U17)? A U-33e? A VCI-100? I ripped the internet apart and have realised I have to be a little more pragmatic and just make the jump (hence the DX2 purchase).

I am not at all interested in scratching or spending months figuring out how to use Live for DJing. I'm more interested in exploring the effects and loops side of things. I'd describe myself as creative and someone who would take DJ-ing very seriously, which is why I would also like my setup to get upgraded with practice and not just replaced. I'm interested in almost all genres of music i.e. Burkhardt, Flying Lotus, Hawtin, Chris Clark, Spektre, Neuroxyde, Velvet Underground,Sonic Youth, etc

My budget for just a midi interface and a midi mixer (-at all necessary?) is around £300-£500 (but less is good too!). To those of you who have managed to read this far without suffering an intolerable death, could you spur some ideas/hints. . . . it would be really helpful.

All the best /Fred

Tech Wizard

Hi,

Request to bump this thread over to the General Discussion? My bad.