Urgent ableton question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Urgent ableton question

Yo yo!

I'm freaking out, this should be easy I think.

I'm trying to do a live ableton set with MPD32 and launchpad on saturday.

It's going swell except, i'd really like the following functionality and I'm having a complete brain block.

Press a Midi button to add 1 BPM to the tempo

Press a Midi button to mius 1 BPM from the tempo.

That is all, is this possible?

Lots of love,

RJ

Tech Mentor

can you map to the tempo nudge up and down? Sorry if i missed scope of question.

Thanks man, but tempo nudge is only temporary, like touch the deck of a turntable, or pushing it slighty.

I've got those set up already to sync with decks.

I want to just slowly nudge up the project tempo over the course of a song.

Cheers,

RJ

Tech Mentor

not too sure,
    But u could map one of the knobs on the mpd 32 to the master tempo

Unfortunatley ableton is going to screw you on the two button pitch/bpm controll.
    The only way you can controll BPM is with a slider / knob since it will only allow you to map one controll to the master bpm.

As much as ableton rocks I am not to stoked on some of the internal controll mappings. I wannted to map a button to be a gatted effect but for the life of me I could not figure it out.

if anyone know how thats done I would love to know!
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

I'm assuming you want to put the knob in increments of one because you want finer tuning of tempo? If you map a knob on the MPD32 to tempo, you can change the parameters of that knob to meet a certain range (i.e. 120-140bpm) or change the sensitivity of how fast you turn the knob to change tempo. Another way to change tempo in a live scenario would be using scene launches.
    Von Doom! aka Victorious
    www.isvictorious.com
    Gear list goes here - "It's the carpenter, not the tools"

yeah basically I want really fine tuning.

How do you change tempo with scene launch?

Rj

on the right hand side where you have your scene triggers, right click on the scene launch and choose "set tempo"
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

ALSO! if you're doing some crazy tempo change (i.e. dubstep to house) I throw a really cool spinback/echo clip on the scene with the tempo change! Don't overuse it but they'll go nuts.
    Von Doom! aka Victorious
    www.isvictorious.com
    Gear list goes here - "It's the carpenter, not the tools"

I've been working on a max for live patch to do this for you all morning. And i'm working out the kinks right now. But i realized that i should ask... Do you have Max for Live???

The only problem, which i could probably fix, is that it goes up and down by 1.1 bpm's.

If you don't have max for live i might be able to work out a patch that works in max runtime, which i believe is free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast