Possibly considering 4 channel mixing (what mixer)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Possibly considering 4 channel mixing (what mixer)

Hey everyone, i'm finally starting to get comfortable enough with 2 channel mixing and realizing it's limitations. All the clubs i've been 2 recently here have been nothing but serato djs (no offense) just blending from track to track. I'm bored and want to step it up.

Right now my current setup is a rane ttm56s with one tech 1200 for one deck and Maschine and Kontrol X1 for the other deck. Do I need a new external mixer for 4 channels or can I somehow use my audio 8's C/D outputs along with my Rane? I've looked into the DJM 800 but man she's expensive. What other 4 channels mixers could you recommend? Also I love to scratch so consider the faders.

You could consider a cheaper model from Allen & Heath like the Xone:42. Allen & Heath uses Penny & Giles faders, which are almost overkill to put in a mixer. Also if your bound by a budget, why don't look for a used or a B-stock mixer?
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

99% of clubs/pubs etc (in Aus anyway) will have the djm 800 so if you're going to invest it might as well be in that simply for convenience. You'd hate to buy something of similar but less cost and then realise it's a pain to lug around, let alone switching b/w mixers from your bedroom to a venue.

I personally don't have a pioneer mixer but just have a 2 channel and a flight case so it's mobile enough. If I was going to invest again it would def be in the 800 though. Might be able to find something decent on ebay or amazon

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

A&H Xone DX. Not sure about the crossfaders for scratching. Comes four deck ready for Itch and there's some good Traktor mappings out there.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/06/1...one-dx-review/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

DDM 4000?

seems to be popular with DJTT members. Clubs won't have it though.

My opinion is to get a cheap 4-channel mixer for your home (i.e. Korg KM or Behringer DDM) if you know you'll most likely spin at clubs. There you will mostly find the DJM-800 but the one you have at home will be pretty similar; at least for the most important parts such as volume and EQ control.
    I use Traktor's effects and barely any mixer effects so I'm not dependent on those.

If you know you'll have to lug around the mixer you should get something more expensive, though. The inexpensive ones fall apart easily.

Tech Mentor

Try the djm 700 ? It's virtually the same as the 800 in my books

Quote Originally Posted by mixmonster5 View Post
    Try the djm 700 ? It's virtually the same as the 800 in my books
    No color knob! best part of that entire mixer imo. as trivial as it may be.

Tech Mentor

Oh that's me told :P

What about xone 62 or 92 ??

Tech Guru

I have a Xone 42 for sale, like new! I love this thing.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...hlight=xone+42
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast