How do i set this up.
    Tech Convert

Default How do i set this up.

I have a VCI 100. with traktor duo. audio 4 dj interface. a cerwin vega 2800 amp powering cv folded horns. a peavey 900 amp powering my yamaha club 15's for highs. a marathon crossover 2 way.

My question is the this. The worker at Guitar Center told me i need to get another exeternal mixer in order to put it all together.

Is there anyway i could put it all together without getting another mixer. I dont wanna spend more on cables n adapters than would be by getting an extra mixer.

I need help ASAP.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The guy at Guitar Centre is trying to sell you something you dont need.

If your mixing in Internal mode with the VCI you just need to connect the Audio 4 main output to the amp.

I dont know much about your amp someone like Sine or Fatlimey will know about what connections you need.

An external mixer is a good idea for adding other DJs or cd players but not necessarily needed.

What is it with the idiots at Guitar Centre. Im always reading people saying that they give out bad advice. Dont have GC in UK thank god.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think you just need two cables to go from your audio 4 to your amps, but Karlos is right. You'll get your answer soon from smarter guys than me I think.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DISCLAIMER: without knowing the specific model numbers of your equipment, the following information is speculative at best, and should be followed with extreme caution as to avoid screwing up your gear.

Obviously you're using Traktor in internal mixer mode...

I'm also going to assume you want to use both amps and drive all speakers...AND that this system was at one time in use AS IS.

1. Main out from the audio 4 will go to the input on the crossover (gonna assume this is an XO 23 Stereo 2 way)

By folded horns I'm assuming subwoofer like a cerwin vega L36 or something, and Yamaha Club 15's are the S115v (which btw, should have an internal crossover...meaning the input should be full range)

2. Outputs from each channel on the crossover (Low & Mid/High) will go to the amp inputs that will drive the respective speakers (CV amp for lows and Peavy for mids/highs)

3. Play (don't forget to turn your amps on last)

Tech Wizard

The mixer the guy at guitar center recommended is to convert your your low level unbalanced output to a higher level balanced output. The mixer then gives you a master volume you can adjust. The level knobs on your amps should be more of a set it and forget it affair, meaning you shouldn't have to adjust those levels at all through out the night. I haven't changed the level on my QSC 1500A in 3 years. A preamp unit will do the same job as the mixer it just won't have the added benefits of microphone and additional inputs you may need at different mobile gigs. You can find cheap live sound mixers for about $50. A preamp can be found for the same money.
    DVS setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DPDJ-101, Numark DXM06, Novation Dicer, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 8DJ
    Controller setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DN-SC2000, Denon DN120X, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 2DJ,

Tech Convert

Djpbe- so what would you recomend I do. With or without seperate mixer??? I do need a mic. And second will my headphones still operate off the audio 4 ???