Traktor 1.2.6. crashing, typicall with lots of effects play on VCI100SE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor 1.2.6. crashing, typically with lots of effects play on VCI100SE

Hey guys, yesterday during practicing before Saturday's gig my laptop crashed twice, mostly during when messing too much with slice/echo jogwheel effects. Haven't had such issues before with older versions! Is this common, are there any solutions to prevent stuff like this from happening? Increasing audio buffer?
    I'm running it on a clean WinXP system, nothing else installed besides Traktor, all unnecessary devices turned off.

Traktor is ver. 1.2.6. legal, latest VCI100SE mapping. The crash is basically an audio "freeze".
    Last edited by Rawfare; 06-18-2010 at 09:02 AM.

in before the transformation to "mac vs. pc" thread...

Post up your hardware details, as well as detail of the "crash", i.e. blue screen, freezing, sound still playing, but no mouse, etc...

You can also report the crash to NI....with your Traktor Crash Report.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Convert

It's a shit Acer Extensa 5620Z laptop, the freeze is the last buffer size from the audio card repeating over and over. Shit stops reacting altogether, I have to reboot manually. Thing is, it wasn't happening before, and the only things I've added to the mix are the VCI100SE and program upgrade from 1.2.4. to 1.2.6.

Don't think I can export the crash because it seems like it's not with Traktor but the system itself. I'll look into it. It's also an offline DJ-only system of course to prevent issues.

Edit: Oh, also sound card is NI Audio2 DJ

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Need more hardware specs.

Try to revert back to 1.2.4 see if that works.

Can you recreate the crash?

If you can, try doing some simple tests like test your RAM, change your USB cable, etc...

Tech Convert

OK luckily haven't had any problems today. I think it might be that the audio buffer was too low for the machine to handle, also was fine with a laptop stand that allows better airflow and a different usb cable. Fingers crossed and burning backup CD's for tomorrow just in case!

Jack Bastard

Disable midi out to the VCI and it'll go away.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I thought that was fixed now in 1.2.6 Jack ?

No..?

That was my first though but i figured as hes on the latest ver it was something else?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast