Traktor Pro & VCI-100 - Lost Tempo Bend Function?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro & VCI-100 - Lost Tempo Bend Function?

I've searched the N.I. forum, tried many config. files, and looked into the midi settings myself. There is no pitch bend anymore, and the tempo bend only allows it to be assigned to a button. Plus I didn't see any sensitivity settings. Am I missing something?

Tech Wizard

Well, I assigned tempo bend to the outer jog wheel anyway, and it works. In learn mode, I rotated the outer jog counter-clockwise for "Down" and clock-wise for "Up". There still seems to be no sensitivity adjustment, but it is pretty close to my peference. Problem solved by waking up to a new day!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by wbskates View Post
    Well, I assigned tempo bend to the outer jog wheel anyway, and it works. In learn mode, I rotated the outer jog counter-clockwise for "Down" and clock-wise for "Up". There still seems to be no sensitivity adjustment, but it is pretty close to my peference. Problem solved by waking up to a new day!
    Thats the way to go. Actually this setting is much more closer to how I used to play with my CDJ 1000s...
    MacBook Pro late 2009 3.06ghz, 4GB RAM, 500gb HD @ 7200 RPM, Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 6, VCI 100, Audio 8 DJ

for a more T3 feel to it, use "CD-DJ jog" instead, its in the Transport section of the midi setup, as a bonus u can use it to scroll tracks when paused, its kinda the new pitch bend
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

When you say "use the CD DJ jog", can you explain how to set that up to make it pitch bend sexy like previous Traktor versions? I want to be able to almost pull it down to a complete stop just by bending it down.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

ye thats the problem, atm due to some problem they aparently had to pull the code for that to make it fully like in T3, there was a post on the NI forum somewhere about it,

but u can probaly use "CD-DJ-Jog" to make a full stop kinda, try setting sensitivity to like 300% or something, that should probaly make it possible

thou, the above is just speculation, Im using XP10's with "CD-DJ-Jog" mapped to the outer rim of the jogs and i can almost make a full stop if i spin it rly fast backwards at a sensitivity setting of 100%

peace
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Quote Originally Posted by emil_brikha View Post
    When you say "use the CD DJ jog", can you explain how to set that up to make it pitch bend sexy like previous Traktor versions? I want to be able to almost pull it down to a complete stop just by bending it down.
    CDJ jog mode was in previous versions of traktor too, you cant assign it to the outside of your wheel though it has to be assigned to the inside of your jog wheel. Its not the same as previous versions of traktor though, its actually a better form of pitchbend because the faster your spin the platter the more the pitch bends, this isnt possible using the outside of the wheel and traktors previous pitch bending techniques.

oh this sucks so bad. Mixing hiphop, rnb and old school motown songs I am sooooo dependent on tempo bend, especially for those old songs which don't have a constant BPM.

Bad form Traktor, bad form.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by emil_brikha View Post
    oh this sucks so bad. Mixing hiphop, rnb and old school motown songs I am sooooo dependent on tempo bend, especially for those old songs which don't have a constant BPM.

Bad form Traktor, bad form.
    Whats wrong with using the jog in cdj mode to pitch ? its actually better than method of pitching you were using before.

But, you were saying it only works on the inside of the wheel and not the outside?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast