Quickfire Ableton Tips

Default Quickfire Ableton Tips

Ok, I'm looking to definitely go with Ableton Suite 8 now for live DJing.

Ideally, I want to pre-prepare all my tracks. I understand I need to warp them all to make sure they all beat sync etc. Any tips on quick dirty tricks that work to do this as I've a good catalogue of songs to do?

Also, I'm looking to plan sets and save them. How wasy is this? What's the best way to arrange the clips and tracks etc in Ableton for a live DJ set?
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

You don't need suite for DJ'ing. Suite is basically Live 8 with a shitload of sounds thrown in. Unless you are serious about producing - you don't need the sound libraries that come with suite.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    You don't need suite for DJ'ing. Suite is basically Live 8 with a shitload of sounds thrown in. Unless you are serious about producing - you don't need the sound libraries that come with suite.
    Its not just sounds, theres a few instruments too - but you get all the fx in the basic version which is all u need to dj with.

Sorry, should have clarified. I already have Suite 8 (had it as a mate who runs a studio had a spare license).

I'm intending to hook up with a VCI 100 and a Novation Launchpad to control all the functions within Ableton. I'll also produce some beats and tracks of my own to to use within a live DJ set, from something as simple a kick drum to beef a song up or an entire self produced track/remix.

However, just need some tried and tested advice and tips on DJing live with Ableton and best way to prepare tacks, set the clips up etc as it's a steep learning curve so I'm hoping to make it a bit less steep with the help of DJTT's fab community.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.