Audio 2 DJ problems
    Tech Student

Default Audio 2 DJ problems

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post in
    I recently bought a NI audio 2 dj external card, but as soon as i set traktor to route the monitor through the second channel the master gets alot of static and distortion. as well the audio when played from itunes using the audio 2 dj driver/sound card, and even youtube, will occasionally (maybe once every two minutes) pause for maybe a second before returning to audio. should i send it back? reinstall drivers? could it be the latency not being set high enough?
    any help is appreciated!
    thanks

Sounds like a driver issue to me.
    Grab the latest ones off NI's website and install them.

Don't imagine latency would be a problem if you're getting youtube dropouts..
    :: psy/OPs ¯ DRUM&BASS ¯ DUBSTEP ♫ _
    :: Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter //
    : ¯

Kueper, when you say you are assigning channel 2, do you mean Channel B as defined by the A2DJ? Because Channel B is in fact channels 3 and 4. So in Traktor you should have channels 3 and 4 for Monitor Output and channels 1 and 2 for Master Output.

As psyEDk says, download the latest driver from the NI website (just log into your NI account and pick the latest driver). There was a new in May if I remember correctly, so that too might help you.

I use the driver in Traktor at 96kbps and around 10ms latency with no problems.

Let us know how you get along.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

^ as this post. Remember stereo, so there's 2 Traktor channels for each Audio2DJ channel.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.