Replacing knobs on VCI-100se
    Tech Wizard

Default Replacing knobs on VCI-100se

Hey guys,

Quick question - How do I replace the knobs on my vci-100se?

It's easy enough to pull off the faders and attach new ones, however before I start tearing out the knobs, I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

I'm putting on the white coloured knob pack that I bought from the djtechtools webstore.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Hey moomentum,

I recently replaced my VCI-100 knobs w/ the DJTT's Flourescent Green, as far as removing the original hard plastic ones, it should be pretty simple...just do NOT force anything, as you could potentially break one of the old knobs (if you plan to keep them for backup) or an actual stem from the VCI...(which I couldn't really see happening very easily...) Just pinch the old knobs and lift straight up and off, make sure when you install the knew knobs that the plastic square insert inside of them is in and oriented the correct way for the controls...

Best of luck!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Easy. I did exactly the same this week.

Just pull the knobs off upright and they will come off quite easy.
    Push the white knobs down but be careful not to push too hard or to far down. Some will catch a bit on the overlay of they go too deep.

Hopefully your knob pack will be 100%. One of my knobs is missing the black plastic line !!! Not too happy since i waited 5 months and was sent the wrong thing the first time !!!

Tech Wizard

thanks dudes.

I shall try when I am next with my vci-100

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Hopefully your knob pack will be 100%. One of my knobs is missing the black plastic line !!! Not too happy since i waited 5 months and was sent the wrong thing the first time !!!
    Did you contact us about that ? We get that sort of thing sorted out asap to leave you as a happy customer

I did that, but my fingers got sore by time I was half way done. Try Pliers (worked with no damage to the knobs if you're gentle).

I used 2 small skrewdrivers on either side , but that only works if you do not have an overlay on.

Tech Wizard

pry them off with a big flathead screwdriver. it causes no damage to either the faceplate or the knobs. the glue keeps the knobs down so thats why theyre so hard to take off.