Controller for producing / DJing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Controller for producing / DJing

So I have been looking around for something to add to my collection to aid in my production, but I also want this controller to be functional for my DJing as well. What I have been leaning towards is the Akai mpk 25, or 49. I like the 25 as its smaller and will be easier to transport to gigs, but I really like the faders on the 49. Anyways what I'm getting at is has anyone used either of these and have any input about quality? Or are there any other toys I should look at that will be functional as a DJ tool and production tool?
    MPK 25
    MPK 49

Tech Mentor

Check out the Maschine by Native Instruments if you haven't already. It comes with the groove software too which is nice.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm interested in this to. I was thinking I might get an Oxygen 25 to take advantage of the DJTT mapping, but I really like the looks of the MPK25.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

@bkag, the mpk 25 is only $250 usd, half as much as the maschine. I would love to buy one, especially after seeing those tutorials with it mapped to traktor pro, I just can't see me being able to afford one right now...times are very tight

Tech Mentor

The apc40 is amazing, great for traktor and ableton (though I have only messed around a bit with ableton). Then again it's kinda big...it requires it's own huge case, it's the size of a small mixer kind of.

Tech Guru

Akai MPK 25 would be absolute gorgeous for you...
    Buy a korg nanoKontrol and you will have your dream DJ/Producer portable setup.
    I would buy one instead of my oxygen 8 v2, and I alredy have two korg nanoKontrols...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    Akai MPK 25 would be absolute gorgeous for you...
    Buy a korg nanoKontrol and you will have your dream DJ/Producer portable setup.
    I would buy one instead of my oxygen 8 v2, and I alredy have two korg nanoKontrols...
    This, but maybe a faderfox or Xone 1D instead of the nanoKontrol.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Tech Convert

I have an Axiom25 from M-Audio and you really "can't" mix with that...
    If you want to produce and mix get an UC-33 or something else with faders and some knobs...

I'm buying a 2nd controller now, cuz I just don't enjoy mixing with my Axiom - it sucks

The maschine controller is only half of the story, the power is in the software. Producing music with it is a hands-on delight.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

@ wibi :I already have a djm 600 which I could bring with me for faders and eq's etc, but I was thinking the bank of knobs on the mpk would be usable for eq's since I don't realllllly want to bring the mixer out with me I'm sure you can understand why.
    @ V-hoff : Thanks for the recommendation of the nano kontrol, I hadn't considered that but it seems like it would complement the mpk well

I had originally been planning on going DVS but unfortunately wrecked my car and that set me back, well, everything I had saved. I think I'll be ordering the mpk and another small controller this week...expect me to be posting with mapping questions haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast