Viewing Trktor while DJing and facing the crowd.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Viewing Trktor while DJing and facing the crowd.

http://www.myvu.com/crystal-ev.aspx

These would be an odd idea!

Would be cool if you could make them clear...or LCD at a click of a button.

You would not have to look down at the screen all the time.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Yeah,

Not crazy about the spacefly look but looking at the laptop screen while djing is the biggest turnoff of controllerism i find.

So boring when u see someone onestage looking at their laptop...And having a laptop stand just makes it worse!

This is definetly an area in need of inovation
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Cant wait till they come out with contacts that do the same ting.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    Yeah,

Not crazy about the spacefly look but looking at the laptop screen while djing is the biggest turnoff of controllerism i find.

So boring when u see someone onestage looking at their laptop...And having a laptop stand just makes it worse!

This is definetly an area in need of inovation
    Agreed!

That's why i put the laptop just in front of my VCI.....then i look over it....and at the VCI at the same time.

Seems a lil better.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Check out what a friend of mine made by hacking a Wii controller, it's see through so the crowd can watch it too. Different kind of DJ setup, more mashup style but cool none the less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvHoZ9L3epI as the Maker Faire
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-rjYewCbDI as used in performance.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Awesome - yeah TradeMark is the bomb; he's put a lot of thought into the showmanship side of controllerism. Besides the massive visual display for Ableton there's another level of crowd interaction with the "wheel of mashups," etc. ECC is doing some great things.

I'm not sure how something like this would work with Traktor (or Serato) as the screen itself is less intricate. I think it's more about what you're doing with the controllers at that level. While part of me would love to have this kind of direct interaction with a large screen, messing around with turntables, mixers, buttons, joysticks, etc. will probably look a lot more dynamic.

That's pretty cool.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Guru

I give it 5 maybe 10 years where we won't have monitors anymore everything will all be Minority Report style and just projections 5 feet in front of us. They are already working on this and have some limited success with a working prototype there just waiting for the other technologies to catch up to get it all working.

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    I give it 5 maybe 10 years where we won't have monitors anymore everything will all be Minority Report style and just projections 5 feet in front of us. They are already working on this and have some limited success with a working prototype there just waiting for the other technologies to catch up to get it all working.

5 maybe 10 years before big time DJ's is using it add another 5 years to that before it gets somewhat affordable and I'll be 55 years old. I'll have to have my son come over and set it up. Then I'll call him every two days asking how to do something and I'll just keep saying "why can't I just turn a knob"
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Guru

LoL I have a 3 year old and it scares me to think what wonders await her at my age and more. I mean just the last 20 years have superseded the last 100 years prolly two fold if not more. Come on future get here now ... ohh man missed it .. ohh here it comes again come on future get here now ...

LoL :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast