Headphone comparison
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Headphone comparison

So i'm debating whether to get Sony MDR-V700DJ or HDJ-1000's from Pioneer.

I can get the Sony headphones for 89 bucks or the Pioneer for 130...

Is the extra 40 dollars worth it for the HDJ 1000's?

Tech Convert

I did a google search on both of these headphones and according to the CNET website, the Sony headphones have an impedance of 24 OHMS and the Pioneer have 40. I dont know what that means exactly and i would like someone to explain to me.
    Also, the best thing you can do is read the costumer reviews of both products in amazon.com. Thats what i do.

skratchworx.com did a nice comparison of a bunch of headphones and both those are on the list. The pioneers are worth the extra cash imho because the Sonys will break within 2 yrs almost guaranteed. I've gone through two of them; I like the sound but they're just structurally flawed. There was some discussion of it here recently look for the headphone mod someone did.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    skratchworx.com did a nice comparison of a bunch of headphones and both those are on the list. The pioneers are worth the extra cash imho because the Sonys will break within 2 yrs almost guaranteed. I've gone through two of them; I like the sound but they're just structurally flawed. There was some discussion of it here recently look for the headphone mod someone did.
    pioneers suffer from the same fate unfortunately

Tech Wizard

First buy the HDJ-1000, then buy a Sennheiser HD-25 because you've learned that you need a HP that lasts.
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 FW 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio 2 DJ

It's all about the house music, and it always will be.

Tech Guru

I just ordered the Sony MDR-V600 from guitarcenter (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Sony-MDR...80-i1126814.gc) and am going to return my Sennheiser HD 25 when they get here tomorrow. My friend who has been DJing for over 10 years recommended them over the HD 25s for 2 reasons:

1. They are 100 dollars less

and

2.He has had his pair for over 6 years, they have taken a beating and they still work the same as the day he got them. He had another pair just in case for i tihnk the same amount of time, but those broke just because someone sat on them.

Also, the 600s had a larger frequency response range than the HD 25s (5Hz - 30kHz vs. 16-22 kHz)

I asked him about the Sony 700s you are asking about, and he did not recommend them at all. He did not say why, but I'll ask him when I have the chance.

All in all: Durability + sound quality > Everything else

I know neither of these are what you are comparing, I am just saying to get the Sony's I recommended if you can.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Guru

i like Sony's 7506's. Man I beat those poor things up!
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    Also, the 600s had a larger frequency response range than the HD 25s (5Hz - 30kHz vs. 16-22 kHz)

callin Bs on that one. not on you, on the company. Yes.. the c one may be able to move at 5 hz without over excursion, but in either case you will hear nothing (human hearing limit is 20 hz). You wont even *feel* it like you would if you had a great home theater sub either. Its just useless in headphones. I also dont believe that they are flat down that low. I doubt either pair is flat down to 30. They might be at about -15 db at 20hz.

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    i like Sony's 7506's. Man I beat those poor things up!
    Mine are in the mail. Should be here Friday. After a bunch of research and a 100 dollar limit they seemed to be the best bang for the buck.

Just got my MDR 7506's and they sound awesome. Maybe it's because I've been using some leftovers for a while but they are top notch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast