serious problems with vci100 fw1.2 and 3.5tsi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default serious problems with vci100 fw1.2 and 3.5tsi

First of all i have the traktor pro 1.2.6 and vci100 with 1.2 firmware and the last mapping loaded.
    I have some issues.Sometimes stuck the echo juggle1-4 and 5-8 and fx button without doing something special.Then the most times i have to restart the vci but sometimes i have to restart the whole traktor.
    Some other it stuck only the echo button and while i'm pressing this nothing else works.
    What about these problems?Is this about the 1.2 firmware or i make something wrong?

Thanks in advance
    my mixes on soundcloud

I have had the juggle/faderfx buttons stuck a couple times, but haven't been able to consistently reproduce it. I had my Arcade Edition modded by DJTT so I'm assuming that I have firmware 1.3, so not sure if that's the issue there.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mi3s View Post
    First of all i have the traktor pro 1.2.6 and vci100 with 1.2 firmware and the last mapping loaded.
    I have some issues.Sometimes stuck the echo juggle1-4 and 5-8 and fx button without doing something special.Then the most times i have to restart the vci but sometimes i have to restart the whole traktor.
    Some other it stuck only the echo button and while i'm pressing this nothing else works.
    What about these problems?Is this about the 1.2 firmware or i make something wrong?

Thanks in advance
    The latest mapping was made for the 1.3 firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by No Left Turn View Post
    I have had the juggle/faderfx buttons stuck a couple times, but haven't been able to consistently reproduce it. I had my Arcade Edition modded by DJTT so I'm assuming that I have firmware 1.3, so not sure if that's the issue there.
    I've had that happen on occasion as well. Not sure of the issue.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Yeah but i think that 1.3 add some midi assign to some controls.Shoould i have these problems?Could the controller make traktor crash?When i have to restart traktor the other controls work perfect.These echo,slice juggle seem to give midi to traktor but there is no response.
    my mixes on soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by mi3s View Post
    Yeah but i think that 1.3 add some midi assign to some controls.Shoould i have these problems?Could the controller make traktor crash?When i have to restart traktor the other controls work perfect.These echo,slice juggle seem to give midi to traktor but there is no response.
    When you look at the screen, are the the lower two FX banks in Advanced or Chained mode? They need to be in Advanced for Echo and Slice to work (Bank 3 for Slice and bank 4 for Echo).

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Wizard

No they are fine like you said in advanced mode.Sometimes everything works fine but something stuck the system and this is sure from the vci.I think that the problem is somewhere between juggle and echo which i use more.You think that it could be the firmware?Should i upgrade?
    Has any other problems like this?

Thanks for your try to help!
    my mixes on soundcloud

Without a doubt, upgrading the firmware is worth it. This will unlock the fourth FX knob and add a few nice features.

What computer are you using (OS and version)? If you are on a PC you should be using the "Glitch Fix" mapping, as PCs seem to not like multiple rushes of midi data. This could be affecting you too. Even if you are on a Mac, some have found that TSI to be smoother (I use the regular one).

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Wizard

I'm running traktor pro on windows7.I have to try glitchfx tsi alone or first i have to import the normal one and then these.It sounds like multiple midi message problem like you said!
    my mixes on soundcloud

The actual problem is that the either the juggle buttons or Fader FX button will stay lit up, although the controller will still continue to function as normal.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Tech Wizard

So if it's not the firmware what could it be?I'm thinking about power from external source and high quality usb cable because still have the original one which came with vci!
    my mixes on soundcloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast