Traktor synced to ableton on the same laptop
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor synced to ableton on the same laptop

Is it possible to sync traktor to ableton without buying another laptop? I was thinkin about just buying a seperate moniter and hook it up to my laptop or do I need to buy one?

Tech Wizard

Well you can use another laptop, sync them over ethernet or via midi cables.
    You can even synch them on the same machine. You may need to route the audio from Traktor to Ableton though. There was an article in the DJTT blog some time ago (smartmixing traktor with ableton by bentosan ?) as far as i remember!

The software needed for this task may depend on your budget (there are even free alternatives) and your operating system of course.

Best regards and good luck,
    Patrick

Tech Mentor

What would I need to sync them over Ethernet?
    And I was wondering f I could just use one laptop with two moniters connected via hmdi cable run traktor on my laptop and ableton on the other moniter

Tech Wizard

Well you could synch them with ipMidi and as far as i remember you may use JackAudio to run audio through the ethernet bridge. But maybe 2 soundcards that support midi in/out would be much more reliable...
    Regarding latency I didn't test both solutions so I can't really compare the two methods.

I think for Mac you can travel Midi through ethernet with buildin tools.

Best Regards

It's a lot easier just to sync them on the same laptop. You don't even need a second monitor (though of course it would help). Just send the MIDI clock out from Traktor into Ableton. There's a tutorial here http://www.traktordj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81322

It sometimes goes out of sync though so you want to pay attention to what's happening and re-sync when you need to. I sometimes have to restart Traktor a couple times to get it working right but once it's working there are no crashes. I do this on os x.

FAQ

look in intermediate section and advanced section

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

Here's an interesting article where a guy has figured out a way to get no latency while syncing.

http://www.housecontainer.nl/blog/ab...midi-sync.html

I think he's managed to get it to work with ableton to ableton but is in progress on getting no latency from ableton to traktor.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Was looking for something else and saw this. Not sure if it helps or not.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/04/0...-with-ableton/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x