beginner looking for sub $1k starter set

Default beginner looking for sub $1k starter set

Hey all, new to the forum, and i did do a search for an answer to this first and couldnt find an answer that fit what im looking for.

I used to spin about 8 years ago with vinyl and set of direct drives. equipment and some knowledge long gone by the way side, looking to jump back in with a midi controller or CD/comdo/midi set up for under 1k with software included. My goals are to get some practice back in and then get back into the bar/club scene to start without having to upgrade equipment from learning to playing live. I have been eyeing the VCI-300, and the MIXDECK that just came out to name a few. Any suggestions? and any thoughts on software/literature to refine my rusty skillz?

Thanks in advance

well i think i speak for everyone when i say get a vci100 from the store and then upgrade to Traktor pro from the include traktor le that'll cost about 700 without a sound-card +$100 for an audio 2 dj. To "refine your literature" theres a book for the software traktor "traktor bible" which'll teach you all about midi etc and the basics for digital DJing can be learnt from ean's youtube channel "youtube ean golden"