connect vci-100 to audio 4 dj to a macbook pro?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default connect vci-100 to audio 4 dj to a macbook pro?

i just got the audio 4 dj soundcard and i have a vestax vci-100 and the traktor le that came with the soundcard. how should i connect both the audio 4 dj and the controller to the computer to make traktor le recognize both?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Install the drivers for the Audio 4, then go to the NI service center and make sure you have the latest drivers. Then select the Audio 4 as your soundcard in Traktor preferences. each one will plug into it's own USB port.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

into its own usb port in the computer? and i did that but traktor le didnt recognize the midi controller?

Is the A4DJ recognized? If so do you have any issues configuring it?

As for the VCI-100, try running the SETUP WIZARD (big button on the bottom of the Preferences window). This might initialize it properly. Also, plug the VCI to the computer and turn it on before starting Traktor.

Are you getting the DATA light on the VCI to light every time you press a button? If not, I suggest you turn the jog sensitivity down as one might be stuck "on" (happened to me and freaked me right out!).

If none of this helps, please give us your computer and OS info, as this generally heps us cut down on possible problems.

Let us know how you get on.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by theramine View Post
    into its own usb port in the computer? and i did that but traktor le didnt recognize the midi controller?
    Yes. The VCI is plugged in to a port and the audio 4 is plugged in to a different port. And do whatever Phil tells you to do I mostly just make stuff up, he knows what he's talking about.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Wizard

just as another question i havent had time to try your advice yet but when i opened up traktor le the crossfader was gone?

The crossfader can be selected in Preferences, Layout Manager and then select Crossfader.

Don't forget to get back to us, even if everything is OK.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Wizard

well i turned it on, got the data send, and the controller seems to be working correctly, but traktor le just isnt even recognizing it. i went into preferences to try to select it under the controller device select but it just doesnt even show up. where is the setup wizard button?

well i turned it on, got the data send, and the controller seems to be working correctly, but traktor le just isnt even recognizing it. i went into preferences to try to select it under the controller device select but it just doesnt even show up.
    You say the controller seems to be working correctly, but Traktor LE doesn't recognize it. Does the midi light in Traktor flash when you do something on the controller? It's top center, says ctrl.

where is the setup wizard button?
    Click the gear looking thing in the top right corner to open the preferences pane. The set up wizard button is on the bottom left of the controller pane.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Wizard

no the midi light next to the audio light is not lighting up. and the setup wizard button isnt there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast