ALL VCI-100's with Traktor Pro (Dj TT official SE mapping) - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

You should try to unload as many non-needed processes as possible. Have you tried a sample rate of 48 kHz? strangely on some cards it works better than 44,1kHz combined with ASIO-drivers.
    Ean is still right, it looks either like a driver issue or one with your configuration (but I'm on Windows) so I can't give good advices.

Have you checked the NI forums for other users with similiar problems?

Tech Wizard

can t copy a to c or b to c ?!?!?!? firm 1.3

Tech Wizard

Hey Ean,

Thanks again for the hard work in providing the TSI. I have noticed this bug/wierd behaviour/firmware issue:

For me in 1.3 mode, Pushing the snap button works kinda weird. Let me explain.

Starting with SNAP on traktor engaged and the SNAP button lit up blue. Pushing SNAP again, the button will go white, but no change on traktor. Pushing SNAP button again will then disengage SNAP on traktor with the button remaining white. Then pushing it again will have no effect on either the button or traktor. Pushing the fourth time will then engage traktor SNAP and turn the button blue.

Is this the way its designed or a bug in 1.3 firmware for that particular button? As I also notice that this unexpected behaviour is repeated in similar ways when I try and assign that button to other toggle functions e.g if i try and assign it to key lock etc.

What to do from here?

Tech Wizard

Default Deck Copy fixed

Hi all deck copy A-C and B-C added to Ean's DJTT Official SE TSI

Works in both 1.2 and 1.3

Not really for this post but I've added the 2nd TSI which allows effects unit toggling on the mixer.

Works as follows:

HOLD DECK A OR DECK B ON TOP LEFT LOOP SECTION OF VCI/SE

PRESS SMALL DECK C BUTTON IN TOP RIGHT PERFORMANCE MODE SECTION TO TOGGLE FX UNIT 1.

PRESS SMALL FADER BUTTON TO TOGGLE FX UNIT 2.

I didn't configure the LED as looking at your screen is, well easier but if anyone wants that added give me a shout.

Cheers,

Stuart
    Last edited by burndownthediscos; 11-11-2008 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Added Function

sorry guys, I forgot to add deck copy A/C B/C in that file. It was a long weekend. Yes- there is something weird with SNAP in 1.3. The problem is that we switched snap to a toggle button in 1.3 so its not really compatible with the 1.2 mapping. it basically means you have to hit it twice to engage or disengage.

Just a suggestion. With the looping section, do you believe it would be good when a loop is released or stopped that the loop length returns to the standard 4 count loop. Sometimes after shortening a loop to a micro loop, releasing it then go to drop another loop and its at like 1/32 count because I forgot to lengthen it again, it screws the mix. I've just got to used to the T3 looping techniques.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by shedg View Post
    Just a suggestion. With the looping section, do you believe it would be good when a loop is released or stopped that the loop length returns to the standard 4 count loop. Sometimes after shortening a loop to a micro loop, releasing it then go to drop another loop and its at like 1/32 count because I forgot to lengthen it again, it screws the mix. I've just got to used to the T3 looping techniques.
    +1
    good idea.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by burndownthediscos View Post
    Hi all deck copy A-C and B-C added to Ean's DJTT Official SE TSI

Works in both 1.2 and 1.3

Not really for this post but I've added the 2nd TSI which allows effects unit toggling on the mixer.

Works as follows:

HOLD DECK A OR DECK B ON TOP LEFT LOOP SECTION OF VCI/SE

PRESS SMALL DECK C BUTTON IN TOP RIGHT PERFORMANCE MODE SECTION TO TOGGLE FX UNIT 1.

PRESS SMALL FADER BUTTON TO TOGGLE FX UNIT 2.

I didn't configure the LED as looking at your screen is, well easier but if anyone wants that added give me a shout.

Cheers,

Stuart
    Care to Add in Deck C toggle FX 1 & 2 on/off like you did for Deck A & B?
    (me being lazy)
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

Tech Wizard

Ean,

Have SE edition with 1.3 running and Jog Grips.

Problem:
    In the how to video, you mention if you momentarily hold/press the 'filter' button say on Deck A, that you can use the Jog Wheels to control main fx wet/dry mix to 'scratch' the fx blend. Sounds super cool in your video.

However, when I do it.... touching the outside of the jog wheel, affects only the pitch/tempo bend up/down. If I touch in the inside (the metal part) of the jog wheel, THE MUSIC STOPS, but the fx mix wet dry DOES move up/down. This is while juggle/scratch mode is engaged (button lit up). If i turn OFF the juggle/scratch (not lit) here's what happens. Outside manipulation on the Jog Grips, you get the same pitch bend up/down effect. Touching the metal platter, NOTHING happens.
    It feels like this may be an overlapping control issue.

Could you perhaps map the Momentary or FX MODE of the JOG Wheels to the Inside of the platter to that FX Wet/Dry Mix?

Exact same behavior occurs also,when you flip the small fader fx knop full clockwise too.

Is this possibly an issue because I use the Jog Grips?

thanks for hopefully looking into this and providing an explanation.
    Last edited by blancodisco; 11-13-2008 at 01:48 AM.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

At first a bigh thanks to eanfor the wonderful template. But now to my problem. It seems to be the same as with blancodisco except that I just have the bug with jog A. If I go into FX mode and turn jog B dry/wet moves and the song on the deck keeps playing. If I do the same on deck A with Jog A the songs stops (like in scratch mode). So seems just to be a small mapping bug.

Now to my humble question. Would it be possible to switch the VCI completly from A/B control to C/D control by pressing the deck C button?

Thanks in advance and for making my so happy on monday!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast