Electro. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electro.

And the mindless subgenre 'roid rage debate rages on. There isn't a lot of quality electro being released lately imo. A lot of it is just fidget, which I am not a fan of.

This is a great song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WH-P_tYMwE

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Correct and IMO House is the evolution of disco. All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.
    That's absolutely hilarious.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

How can you listen to Autobahn and say that Kraftwerk is soulless? If you think Kraftwerk is soulless, I don't know where to steer you.

And please, let's just let the genre debates be. Obviously what people call electro today is not what people called electro twenty years ago.
    Balls of Steel
    DJ/Producer
    SoundCloud | Twitter | Website

I was big into electro back in the late 90's and by far my favourite electro artist of the time was Tintonton Duvante out of Ohio. He mixed with some greats like Juan Atkins and Morgan Geist. From 96 to 02 he put out track after track. Now his stuff is gritty and can be harsh at times but at the time there was nothing else like it. As for soul, well thats were perspective comes into play. For me, this stuff has soul, to my wife it's just noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9NvORmxDrw

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    no one can forget Kraftwerk with Tour De France
    oh yeah, I still remember dropping that on my first noteworthy gig

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail
    ...for constantly gangraping the commerce posse, which is lovely

Quote Originally Posted by cielomobile View Post
    let's just let the genre debates be. Obviously what people call electro today is not what people called electro twenty years ago.
    electro is a marketing term used to sell house to kids and make them feel so very underground about themselves.

it's all techno anyway.

Tech Guru

electrohouse was cool when it was all shiny and fresh, still had that new car smell in 08 and 09. but now it's old and busted, all the new blood has drained out of it and into other genres of dance music like brokenbeats and throwback house+techno.

i can still appreciate it in small doses, but any more than that - meh. gets really tiring hearing those same old wobble bangers everyone and their grandpa been caning the last few years.

Tech Mentor

I'm with the original poster on this one. I know a lot of you guys love electro, but I just don't get it. For me, electro is the modern art of music. Just like I can't stand going to a museum where everything is splashed/thrown/smeared canvases and weird metal shapes, I cannot stand the same distorted vocal sample played over the same kick-hat-kick-hat beat (with flanger!). To me that's not good music. A vocalist can show off her range and vocal control, a string player can stun with effortless vibrato and sweeping melodies, a piano player can juxtapose a harmony of power and strength against a delicate melody, a drummer can do brilliant improvisations... Electro doesn't have any of that. I can crank out an electro song in FL Studio in 4 minutes flat. It seems like a rebellion against traditional music, which I suppose could be part of the attraction.

Yeah, I don't like disco either, only for samples.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nada View Post
    Yeah, I don't like disco either.
    WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

It's cheezy man! I put on Disco and people jump up, do that same boogie dance everyone knows for about ten seconds, laugh and sit back down. I don't like how it sounds either...

I know I just bashed electro, but there's 2 artists I kinda like. Si Begg and Mt. Eden. 50% of their stuff is annoying (like 80% of all artists) but they have some great tracks. Trying to get my D&B step down while listening to Banging by Si Begg. Yeah, I know I'm all sorts of messed up...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nada View Post
    Trying to get my D&B step down
    DJTT steppersssssss UNITE!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123