Traktor pro audio through help needed

Default Traktor pro audio through help needed

Hi folks,

Tried several searches and have been trying to solve my issue but have had minimal luck so far - hope someone can help me!

Situation:

I am currently using a Intel Macbook Pro running Traktor Pro with a VCI-100 and a Numark DJIO audio box.. All good.

What I want to do is find a way of patching iTunes into Traktor as an audio source - I am aware that I can access my iTunes library directly using Traktor (and do) but at times i'd like to be able to just run iTunes through by itself so i can:

Apply FX and EQ to the incoming iTunes signal (could even be a podcast or radio station)
    Audition the iTunes signal without having to swap my headphones to another output (just select say deck C on my VCI and it cues through the DJIO)
    Play genius or a playlist from iTunes while i take a break, and then beatmix back into action using Traktor.
    Play/audition tracks in Traktor without having to load into a deck and process.

I hope that makes sense! .. I generally play when mates are around for the night, would be nice to go between Traktor and iTunes seamlessly while I chill out for a bit.

I have looked into Jack and Soundflower, both of which sound like they should be able to help me achieve this, but documentation is a bit slim between the different softwares on how to set it up exactly.

Is this possible? .. thanks in advance for any help..

Sc1C
    Save money on binoculars - Simply move closer to the object you intend to view!

/bump... surely someone knows if this is possible?

I think yur just asking for trouble. Itunes is such a resource hog, yur bound to get glitches in yur sound....
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Hehe... nope, just asking for help - If it results in a few audio glitches then so be it, this is not a proposal for 'playing out' ..

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't think it's possible with your soundcard since it only has a mic in. If you had something like an Audio 4 you might be able to go from the headphone jack on the laptop to the RCA ins on the soundcard.

It might be possible to change your audio setup in preferences to internal audio, then run a line from the headphone jack to the mic jack on the laptop. I'm not sure how you would get it to play in Traktor from there though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i'm sure it is somehow possible with soundflower or audio jack. i wouldn't recommend it though..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst