random dropouts

Thread: random dropouts

Tech Wizard

Default random dropouts

Hey I just got my arcade controller today, I am using the cable that came with my controller. I LOVE the thing, except sometimes... it drops connection. For seemingly no reason. I have used and applied BOTH newest .tsi files, it seems to be an effect issue that causes it mainly. YES, I applied the "effect glitch" file.

Anyone know of a more stable mapping, maybe older? Or how to fix this issue?

Thanks

(ps board newb, sry if I posted in the wrong area or missed something)

Edit: Running traktor 1.2.4 pro on vista. I tried rebooting multiple times after importing and looked at ean's tech help file. I'm new, but not retarded. Just don't want you all to assume the worst.

I did find a 2.5 file I'm going to try, but still, any help would be great.
    Last edited by onelove; 06-28-2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: edit

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

1.2.6 is the latest version. Try updating and see if it helps.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

upgraded, still having issues. I even tried to use the 3.3 tsi before upgrading and still had problems.

It seems to be triggered by the jog wheel. It only locks up on me when I scratch or use the fader fx.

I think it has to do with me "touching" the jog wheel. I.E. pushing on top of it to stop a track or to activate the given effect. Perhaps I am just doing something improperly that is sending mixed signals and causing the hangup... either way this can't happen when I do a show and needs to be fixed ASAFP... seems like I'm on my own for that one.

Any help is welcome

Seems like it could be a USB port issue, like it is not supplying enough power to the VCI, that is the only reason I can see it being "dropped".

Try another port for a short term solution and an adapter as a longer term one. If you are running it through a hub, make sure it is powered and better stilled multi-tt.

Let us know if this helps.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Wizard

Yeah I thought about that being a possibility too but the one I have at the house did not register . Its direct (no hub), but I have 4 usb slots so I'll try another one for the night. Will prolly buy an adapter tomorrow, hope this fixes the issue, since it seems to be a problem on my end if no one else is having the controller lock up.

Sometimes it takes loading the same tsi file a couple of times to get things working right. Might be worth a try. Does the arcade come with the better quality DJTT cable?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Sometimes it takes loading the same tsi file a couple of times to get things working right. Might be worth a try. Does the arcade come with the better quality DJTT cable?
    Yeah it came with the HQ and the reg, I've tried both. I also loaded both tsi's a few times, restarted traktor, and rebooted the whole system, each within different steps.

I've also noticed that when exiting fader fx mode without pushing the button, like using the beat-slice or echo, that it will sometimes lock out the jog wheel controls. It will also speed the tempo of the track up to ridiculous levels occasionally when first activating fader fx.

I've remapped the 3.5 tsi to no longer have fader FX as an option (since I have NI X1 and plan to buy a midi fighter as well, not to mention its not all that necessary to begin with). This seems to fix the problem as far as I can tell. Still haven't gotten out to buy the adapter yet... but for now I think I have it fixed. I'd rather have stability than added options, however cool they are

I tweaked some other things to more suit my style and usability as well, haven't come across any real problems though.

Overall love the controller and what all you guys at DJTT do, just mildly disappointed that a nearly 1k controller glitched out on me out of the box (still think the problem is on my end)

Would still recommend it though, love the thing. Thanks for the input as well, I'll reply again if I run into any problems. I would ideally like to just run a slightly mod'd 3.5 tsi with the fader fx options, so I'll post if I run into more problems/ discover anything else.

Thanks again
    Last edited by onelove; 07-01-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Glad you got it worked out. Don't be a stranger.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Mentor

Hope you sort out your prob, i sold a modded vci to a fella on here last year, he had tons of problems, but it turned out to be his desktop pc in the end.

Try it on a different pc or laptop and see how it goes.
    MBP i7. Denon MC4000. Traktor Scratch A6. DDJ SX Serato DJ.

Tech Mentor

Have you tried another OS? Is vista up to date? 32 or 64 bit ? Have you tried a Mac?