Reloop Digital Jockey 2 So far so bad. Build quality +Support Problems,come to a head - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

hey thanks for the reply

Yeah I know what your saying about it being for traktor, but i thought I'd try a few other programs first.

There's definitely something sus about the audio card on the RDJ2

they told me i couldn't use the audiocard without the power supply? I just assumed that was the case.

I like the controller and I know what your saying about keeping the vibe alive. if you do want to post RDJ2 tips on this forum please do.... after all I'm banned from the Reloop Forum

..... I'm off to go and sit on the naughty chair

This is such a shame.

Just to balance the argument out a little....

I have the controller edition so obviously the audio stuff I can not comment on.

However I quite like my controller. It worked straight out of the box on my Mac. I don't need the power supply as the USB powers it itself but I do agree that the cable is poor quality.

Forums are dead but they are a new company are they not? [honestly don't know]

My advise - get the controller but get a separate audio sound card.

Thats my 2 cents anyway.

for a not very diff price you could get the vci100 se tho right?
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by skulpture View Post
    This is such a shame.

Just to balance the argument out a little....

I have the controller edition so obviously the audio stuff I can not comment on.

However I quite like my controller. It worked straight out of the box on my Mac. I don't need the power supply as the USB powers it itself but I do agree that the cable is poor quality.

Forums are dead but they are a new company are they not? [honestly don't know]

My advise - get the controller but get a separate audio sound card.

Thats my 2 cents anyway.

Yeah i know what your saying

I really like the feel of the controller. if i dont use the buzzy interface or the weedy power supply.

But you must admit the manual is poor. No information how the controller really works. or a MIDI implementation chart

I'm not sure how this compares to other controllers.

But that would be ok if the support forum had really good discussions or replies from reloop that aren't like the one below:

Myself and few other people asked if there was going to be a picture or an explanation about the different mappings for Traktor.

their reply which is typical

Quote Originally Posted by Reloop support
    Do you have a picture or an explanation of what the mapping does or do we have to guess?
    the functions are layouted on your jockey.

after a short while people stop posting on their forum because even reloop dont encourage the debate.

also they removed about 36 of my posts and edited everything from the other posts when I expressed dissatisfaction with the product or the support.

It makes me question the validity of the whole Reloop Forum. If thats the way they moderate.

For all i know there has been a sea of discontent that has been 'moderated'

Although they left the sticky post about the guy not bothering with the facebook group. i asked why he was closing the facebook group they deleted my post and locked the topic

I could be closing this group (amongst others i contribute along with advertising reloop on my websites, radio shows and podcasts)

As i feel issues with customer support and products need addressing,

I bought my unit to save on space and time as it was advertised as a full 4 deck control unit, this appears to not be possible yet, and having questions answered by certain "guru's" on here telling users how they should DJ and also how "No dj uses 4 decks fully with fx etc" is just wrong.

I have dj'd on a pro level for over 30 years and have more credits to my various performing / studio work names than i care to mention, i find this an insult to my intelligence, and i am seriously considering returning my unit to the dealer and going for another company and product that CAN do what they Advertise.

Its a sad day, i love reloop products but I, WE, want just what you claim the products can do, nothing more, nothing less.

Please feel free to private message me and i will supply you with my contact info so we could address this sensibly.

Thank you

they locked the topic so he wouldn't discuss this with me

very true vci was more expensive at dj warehouse in sydney and i did not now about this website i wish i had known

You are right about all the trouble you post here and Reloop being a "shitty" company but you all have made a big mistake: I like the controller, it's not bad for the price and looks better than all the toys in the same range but you just can't expect to get a quality soundcard+a quality controller for the price of the interface edition, whatever they advertise.

The obvious right movement is to buy the controller edition and a decent soundcard separately, cheap is never good, is the same as buying Beringher and then complain about the pitfalls of their products, "you get what you pay for" is maybe my favourite English sentence.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by pepehouse View Post
    "you get what you pay for"
    I agree, and theres a very fine line between value for money and cheap plastic tat. If you drop over £300 on a new controller, you expect a decent return. I believe the DJ2IE fills a hole in the market; something better than a numark total/omni control, (Which feel like plastic tat) but better value for money than a xone, which are overpriced and as far as i can tell, equally as undeveloped.
    The only reason the VCI 100 is as good as it is, is directly because of this website.

The soundcard has its issues, which is a shame. But i have not experienced this, I crank it on my hifi and it sounds spot on.

There are indepth tutorials here: http://www.reloopdj.com/video_conten...-2/language/en
    They thoroughly explain how to intall the hardware and use the mappings of the DJ2IE, and in all fairness, most of it is printed on the faceplate.

I did find a midi note map of the buttons on the DJ2 once, but i cant seem to track it down. Anyway, it was of no use at all in setting the thing up. I quickly learned how to midi map it myself, and got on with things.

I do beleive its a professional piece of hardware, i just wish reloop would pick up their game a bit and make it what it should be.

They gotta stop pricing people out of their market too, whats with charging almost £300 for the contour when the digital jockey 2 isnt much more? anyway, i digress.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Mentor

I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying.

i tried a few controllers and I really liked the feel of the Reloop controller.

The different versions "RDJ2 Interface Edition and Controller Edition"

On the controller edition there are no touch sensitive faders as well as no audio card built in.

I felt really uneasy with the quality (well buzzing) of the audio card.

And the thin wire on the power supply, Euro plug didn't come with an adaptor

And Reloop answers to support are never normally a whole sentence

As for "what the buttons do" marked on the controller, I assumed everyone made slight changes to the controller mappings to suit their style. and as with this forum their are monthly mapping updates with videos.

The 4 deck mapping on the Reloop site. have no real relevance to the labeling on the controller. Features like key and pan and filter have been removed to add the 3rd and 4th deck. and shift makes the fx jump round too many at a time.

I had to beg the information out of them (not in the 5 page manual) about:
    the PHYISICAL shift keys -that change the MIDI control numbers
    and the modifier shift keys for scratch FX search (set up in traktor)
    in the end the only forum user with more than 50 posts (there is like one non-reloop guy who answers post) helped me out.

Eventually i found a MIDI implementation chart that was supplied by a USER not Reloop. They still havent bothered to create a MIDI implementation chart.

The 4 deck mapping i downloaded on their site had odd multiple entries. I makes me doubt whether it has been created in the same sloppy way as everything else they do.

I like the feel of the controller.

And i didn't realise how important a tiny bit of support would be.

by that i mean, wait a week .... get a 5 word answer.

discontent is edited out of their forum. If they made the same effort as they do 'forum editing' to supply information like a picture of the controller mapping, a store to buy a spare power supply. I sensible (non 5 page manual) with a more in depth explanation of the controller. it would have made the whole thing go down smoothly.

I like the controller, but sometime its the little things that ruin the experience.

Being a controllerist or Virtual DJ is a learning curve. Reloop make this curve unnecessarily steeper. by ignoring customers

Reloop have made exploring and learning about the controller a chore rather than a labour of love. And have hampered by learning at every step with their poor support.

I don't know how it compares to other companies
    Last edited by RD444; 06-30-2010 at 08:23 PM.

Just remembered Traktor Freaks page and found a pair of mappings for both versions of the Reloop, try them, the mappings at the page are usually good:

Digital Jockey 2 Controller Edition

Digital Jockey 2 Interface Edition
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by pepehouse View Post
    Just remembered Traktor Freaks page and found a pair of mappings for both versions of the Reloop, try them, the mappings at the page are usually good:

Digital Jockey 2 Controller Edition

Digital Jockey 2 Interface Edition
    cheers

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast