Vci-300 tsi - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vci-300 tsi

Tech Wizard

well its showing that its actually a vci300 connected now instead of a generic midi .... but still a blank midi

just running the 1.2.6 update now thankyou for your help . Is itch worth installing ?? ive been using traktor for a while now with my vci100 so im kinda used to it is there much advantage in switching ??
    Last edited by scsheep; 07-20-2010 at 01:17 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by scsheep View Post
    Is itch worth installing ?? ive been using traktor for a while now with my vci100 so im kinda used to it is there much advantage in switching ??
    VCI-300 is *designed* for ITCH, so ITCH supports all features of VCI-300 out-of-the-box, no manual configuration or custom mappings needed.

While people here are working on creating a similar VCI-300 mapping for Traktor.. it'll take some time, since it's a pretty big effort. So far many people have been working on it (every now and then) for over a year..

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by pasik View Post
    VCI-300 is *designed* for ITCH, so ITCH supports all features of VCI-300 out-of-the-box, no manual configuration or custom mappings needed.
    I`ve downloaded the public beta of itch now , and found whitelabel.net what a service that is .. think for the time being ill still miss the fx in traktor .

Just came back on here again to say a big thankyou for both your help today i have the mapping working now and over the next few days im gonna have a play with it see how i can tweak it to suit me , who knows maybe the 300 qill replace my trusty 100 ..... but i doubt it :P

thankyou again fellas

Tech Guru

yeah getting the VCI 300 to work with Traktor never really took off because of the 14 bit jogs and pitch faders. A few tsi's were created but none worked all that great. However, newer versions of traktor support 14 bit at the pitch faders but the jogs were still an issue. I think Zac's mapping gets the jogs working just as good or better than they do on the 100's.

If someone from here got really creative I think they could create a mapping as functional as th VCI-100. Only limitations are the amount of buttons and knobs. Along with an X1, the 300 works awesome with Traktor.

Itch. I am now a fan. I hardly use Traktor anymore. The colored wave forms and seeing them stacked got me hooked. Its a very very easy interface to use. It does have its limitations, #1 being that you need the VFX-1 to have any effects, and the ones you get only about 4-5 of them are any good. I think Itch is progressing and for me and how enjoy to play it makes playing funner.

My biggest enjoyment of the VCI-300 is that with this mapping I can now choose traktor OR itch to play with. I've been messing with Itch too much lately and haven't made time to continue working on this mapping, but its there to use when needed.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Also, added all LEDs working (except for volume meters).
    how come? what's the midi signal/note for the volume meters?

i would have thought that it should be a simple case of mapping an out for left master level and right master level, setting control range 0 (min) and 1 (max) and the midi range at 0 (min) and 127 (max), with blend on?

or does the internal sound card do something to make this a bit harder?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    how come? what's the midi signal/note for the volume meters?

i would have thought that it should be a simple case of mapping an out for left master level and right master level, setting control range 0 (min) and 1 (max) and the midi range at 0 (min) and 127 (max), with blend on?

or does the internal sound card do something to make this a bit harder?
    Nope thats it. Someone posted a diagram of the midi notes - I just never got around to mapping them

Nope thats it. Someone posted a diagram of the midi notes - I just never got around to mapping them
    been trying to find that today, found something that gave the impression there's 2 or 3 notes either side? is that right? i actually have a 100, but am intrigued that everywhere i look i see something about the volume meters not being mapped

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

Someone posted a diagram of the midi notes - I just never got around to mapping them
    Do you remember where that diagram was/is? on this forum?

Tech Guru

not 100% sure if this is accurate, but I remember it was posted with one that had the LED's for the buttons and those were correct (I think).

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast