traktor pro to traktor scratch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default traktor pro to traktor scratch

Hi Guys,
    I recently bought traktor pro and am using it with a kontrol xi.
    I like the x1 but am considering getting traktor scratch pro and using timecode cds along with the xi.
    Can anyone explain a bit how this setup will work I presume I will locate all the cues and loops on the x1 whilst using the timecode cds for play cue pitch bend and scratching etc?
    Also does TS PRO timecodes work with a non vinyl emulation cd player like a twin denon for example?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tony corless View Post
    Also does TS PRO timecodes work with a non vinyl emulation cd player like a twin denon for example?
    Thanks
    i would assume so, as it's just a cd sending a signal to the software. but i fail to see the point if you're using twin denons? why not just use midi and have done with it?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    i would assume so, as it's just a cd sending a signal to the software. but i fail to see the point if you're using twin denons? why not just use midi and have done with it?
    Two reasons I prefer to use pioneer cdjs but not all venues have them.
    I also find the kontrol x1 a little boring to use with no jog wheel etc and although I like the sync function I prefer to mix manualy its quicker and I feel more in control especially when playing old tracks that drift a bit,I dont find the beatgridding to be very accurate.

M8 the timecodes will send an audio signal to your software, the software understands when the audio signal gets faster, slower or stops and translate it to the mp3.

SO your denons will work exactly as they do as stand alone on traktor. If they dont have vinyl emulation then when you pause you will listen the normal stuttering. As opose to vinyl emulation where the music will just stop. Also the wheel will act as a bend jog. I repeat they will act the same as standalone. For instance some effects that are present on the pionneers specifically the scratch effects will translate the same on Traktor as they are just programmed cd skippings, which traktor will understand as there is nothing else but audio involved.

Then your cue and loop points will be still saved on your computer so you can trigger them with the controler or keys.

Also you may use your controller for effects. At the end of the day i really love this setup.

Thanks for reply that sounds good if it works with the denons
    I once tried serato with the above and in absolute mode the cue was unreliable and also in absolute mode I could not use loops.
    Is the situation different with TS pro?
    I have also been looking up TSpro and alot of people are saying that cueing is not as accurate as on cd players with a slight delay between hiting play and hearing audio

Tech Wizard

I have simirilar questions.I'm wondering which are the differences between tspro and traktor pro,exept timecodes.Also which is the price for the upgrade from tp to tsp?I'm thinking about buying 2 tt mk2 to learn the traditional way of mixing!I'm still using vci100,and how i see it i will never learn this way the right beatmatching!It's a shame to have tt in a gig and can't use them!
    my mixes on soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by tony corless View Post
    Thanks for reply that sounds good if it works with the denons
    I once tried serato with the above and in absolute mode the cue was unreliable and also in absolute mode I could not use loops.
    Is the situation different with TS pro?
    I have also been looking up TSpro and alot of people are saying that cueing is not as accurate as on cd players with a slight delay between hiting play and hearing audio
    OK on TS pro things are little different. I use absolute mode and have never felt that the cue was unreliable, it is always at the same place. I believe most of the credit for that is for Pioneer Cdjs. Anyways I dont feel that is an issue. And never experienced a noticeble delay, probably the delay is just miliseconds. I mean this will depend on the sound interface also, If youve got a big latency this will happen.

On Tsp you can use loops but absolute mode will be inmediately automatically disabled... this is just the way it works, if not this would contradict the system. The only way to keep absolute mode on and looping is if your cdjs have looping function, but again this loops will be the same as in the cdjs... not quantized. You are still able to loop and continue using the timecodes, no problem. You can enable the option "change to abolute mode at lead in" . This will be usefull when you activate a loop which will disable absolute mode, then when you load the next track absolute mode will be on again.

@mi3s

The software difference are many, the most noticeble one is the new effects added, and the capability to chain this effects. Also modifyers where added to midi mapping options. The rest is pretty much the same. Timecodes work the same as in TS. Not sure about the price, check it at the NI site.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by alien2k View Post

@mi3s

The software difference are many, the most noticeble one is the new effects added, and the capability to chain this effects. Also modifyers where added to midi mapping options. The rest is pretty much the same. Timecodes work the same as in TS. Not sure about the price, check it at the NI site.
    Are there more effects in traktor scratch pro than in traktor pro?And more mapping options?That's greath.I was thinking that tsp is about a traktor pro+timecodes .
    my mixes on soundcloud

Alien2k is wrong with his last point..

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

TSP and TP are exactly the same in all respects other than the ability to control TSP with timecode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast