CrossFader VCI-100 Problems (With video).
    Tech Convert

Default CrossFader VCI-100 Problems (With video).

hey ive been having this crossfader problem for a while now. I mailed DJTT and they recommended me to wash it with isopropylic alcohol. I did but that didn't solve the issue. If anybody knows what the problem is, can you tell em how ot fix it please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbPa7rFcAAk

Thank you
    Last edited by Rambos; 06-29-2010 at 12:16 PM.

All that jumping around, it really does look like a bad electrical connection between the wiper and the track.

Cleaning it using commercial cleaner specifically made for faders (e.g. "Caig DeOxit FaderLube" spray) will most likely do the trick.

In a worst case scenario you may have worn out the Cermet track and need to replace the potentiometer by desoldering it and replacing it with an identical part, but try cleaning it first.

Fucking Hell Fatlimey!

Something tells me you now about the inner workings of a crossfader!?

LOL
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Well it's not like it's a tricky mechanism!

Part A touches Part B, makes circuit. Everyone goes home happy.

Deoxit would have been my next recommendation, but that stuff doesn't come cheap at all!

You can buy a new crossfader for the price of that stuff, that said its very handy to have around.

Tech Wizard

The fader paths are just dirty. Ideally, you would actually first use a cleaner to completely remove all lubricants, then reapply lubricants. The ideal way to to do this is be completely disassembling and exposing the PCB, but that probably requires a bit more work.

I wonder if it is possible to replace the faders with the Infinium faders (see http://infiniumtechnologies.com/_cat.../60mm_Faders)?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Part A touches Part B, makes circuit. Everyone goes home happy.
    That's what she said!!!

Seriously though, I have been suffering with the same issue as the OP. No where near as bad as only happens slightly when the CF is on the left channel, but can anyone give best way to clean the crossfader. Does it mean taking the VCI apart? If so what is the best way to take it apart? If not can you clean when the thing is together?
    Step by step anyone with experience?
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!