Traktor Scratch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traktor Scratch

Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Scratch

Okay so i was wondering if traktor scratch just let you play timecodes cds/vinyl or when you hook up the interface does it turn the mixer into a midi controller? or is all that done externally >_< i dun get it

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Traktor Scratch does not turn the mixer into a MIDI controller. It allows you to use time coded vinyl/CDs through an external mixer, as well as combine them with real records/CDs.

Now, as an aside, when using it with Traktor 3/Pro you can use a MIDI mixer (like the VCI-100) along with the time codes together, but I haven't done this yet.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Now, as an aside, when using it with Traktor 3/Pro you can use a MIDI mixer (like the VCI-100) along with the time codes together, but I haven't done this yet.
    Wait, so you can use time code with both Pro and (obviously) Scratch as well as midi control with both?

You can use Timecode with Traktor Scratch Pro. If you have both Pro AND Scratch Pro you can then use both, as the programs are combined into one
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    You can use Timecode with Traktor Scratch Pro. If you have both Pro AND Scratch Pro you can then use both, as the programs are combined into one
    I ended up looking into this further and found out that traktor scratch pro is actually just a package that includes traktor pro software with audio 8 sound card, time coded vinyl/CD's, and cables. there is no software difference between the traktor pro software, and the software that comes with the traktor scratch package...

This is a change with Pro, I guess. I didn't know they were selling them in one big package, but I guess they are.

So now, yes, you are correct.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I ended up looking into this further and found out that traktor scratch pro is actually just a package that includes traktor pro software with audio 8 sound card, time coded vinyl/CD's, and cables. there is no software difference between the traktor pro software, and the software that comes with the traktor scratch package...
    Wait wait wait... If this is true, why do screen shots of Traktor Pro and Traktor Scratch Pro look Different.

Traktor Pro Screenshot:

Traktor Scratch Pro Screenshot:

PS: I know this is old, but I wanted to refer to this thread.
    Thanks!
    DJ N8
    "Eat, drink and be merry. For tomorrow we die" -DMB

You can change the layout.

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRAKTOR PRO AND TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO IS THE ABILITY TO USE TIMECODE

Yes, the only difference is the internal and external mixing being chosen.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Ok, but I've read other posts that claim they were able to use timecoded vinyl with Traktor Pro using the Audio 8 DJ Sound Card??? This is why I'm confused.

Bottom line is, I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this...

1) Purchased Traktor 3 a couple years ago, but never used it because too many of my music files were locked out because of DRM.

2) Just Upgraded to Traktor Pro, because my music is now DRM FREE

3) Ordered the VCI-100SE Arcade last week thanks to the AWESOMENESS of DJ TECHTOOLS.com (note: haven't received it yet, and I can't wait!)

4) Still trying to pick out a Sound Card and I'm leaning towards the Audio 8 DJ, because of the ability to directly hook up Turntables and use it to transfer my Oldschool record collection to MP3.

5) Then, I though, might as well upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro to get the Timecoded LP/CD's and cables with the Audio 8 DJ.

6) I just want to use the VCI-100SE with the posability to hook up a turntable just for Scratching every now and then. 95% of the time I will use the VCI. Is Traktor Pro capable of this.

7) Finaly, if I do upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro, will it mess up the DJTT's midi programing files for the VCI-100 that are set up for Traktor Pro

SORRY, I did try to find the answers in other threads first.
    Thanks again to everyone on DJTT.com
    DJ N8
    "Eat, drink and be merry. For tomorrow we die" -DMB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast