Beatport Artwork
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beatport Artwork

Right i normally avoid beatport like the plague, because the artwork never works for me in Traktor Pro, so is there a workaround for this have they resolved this? mainly asking as of late there is lots of music I want to buy but refuse which winds me up as I really want to add said tracks into my collection.

any help appreciated

just bought a couple of tracks the other day and they work.
    If you really want a track why not extract the artwork with the multitude of mp3 taggers out there...or use print screen on the album page and paste into paint

If u find a good beatport alternative, let us know. I love the way they make us pay for songs that are not poperly tagged (and no FLAC!)

cheers
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    just bought a couple of tracks the other day and they work.
    If you really want a track why not extract the artwork with the multitude of mp3 taggers out there...or use print screen on the album page and paste into paint
    to be honest I would if i thought i should have to do the work for them, but as i dont and i do expect them to supply the artwork them i wont, matter of principle for me, i once complained to another online vendor and they credited me and changed there download format and it's now brilliant

as for another outlet I mainly use DJTunes, but i dont think they are overly accurate in the genre area lol.

my beatport purchases always have the artwork. they got a weird file name though..

you can easily drag and drop the artwork of juno directly into the itunes cover (at least on a mac)
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Typically older tracks don't have any artwork. The vast majority of the recent releases I bought there already have it in the ID3 tags, but there are exceptions and it's always annoying.
    If it's already in, I don't touch it and it Just Works © in Traktor after importing the tracks.

Could always try a consistency check (this fixes artwork not showing up after you've just added it to the tags).
    Last edited by bumtsch; 07-02-2010 at 10:49 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't really notice a big problem with artwork in my Beatport purchases.

EDIT: I just checked the 20 songs I bought yesterday and all but one has artwork on my phone.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

@photojojo : check that track in a tag editor of some sort... some phones are really picky on image size and even type of jpeg compression (interlaced or not and such).

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yeah I was thinking that so I checked in iTunes and it's not there.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

I normally buy wavs and convert them myself to mp3s. I find Juno much easier to work with as the files are named correctly and they allow you to download the artwork in the folder with the wavs.
    No such joy with Beatport the file names have a bunch of crap at the start, have no artist info and there's no artwork available for download. It really pisses me off and I have stopped using Beatport except thay are ahead of the curve on some releases so I find myself forced into using them albeit very begrudgingly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast