Question re: Xone 1D's top endless encoders
    Tech Mentor

Default Question re: Xone 1D's top endless encoders

Ok i'm confused.

I'm trying to map the top left endless encoder on the 1D to scroll through my effects on effects chained 1.

The endless encoder has 3 messages. What I'm using are the encoder's left & Right, not the push.
    I want Right to go foward and scroll though the effects one by one and Left to scroll back one by one.

Left and Right on the endless encoder both give different midi messages (Ch16.Note.F*6 and Ch16.Note.F6).

I just can't get them both to respond individually.

Using Right (Ch16.Note.F*6) to scroll foward through my effects works fine but using left (Ch16.Note.F6) to scroll backwards one by one doesn't work. I tried everything, invert and direct from relative mode but no luck.

Has anyone else had this problem???
    Last edited by kenty; 07-02-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Since there are two different actions on two notes you need to have two mappings ; so make a duplicate, learn the second midi note in it, then set mode to "dec". mapping for the other note has to be set to "inc".
    Or you could switch the 1D to that second preset it has where the encoders only send a note on/off when pressed and behave like the jog otherwise. then make a single mapping for scroll up/down which is set to "direct".
    Last edited by bumtsch; 07-02-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Tech Mentor

Selcting invert worked but it did not work last night for some reason.
    Thanks Buddy