FX unit problem. Effect generated sound playing over playing over the normal snd...
    Tech Convert

Default FX unit problem. Effect generated sound playing over playing over the normal snd...

Hi all,

i've ran into a bit of a problem.

This is my setup:

Laptop -> M audio fast track ultra
    -> Running traktor
    -> Midi: VCI 100 arcade edition

From Fast track ultra -> Behringer Xenyx 1204 for external mixing
    I have the mixer looped to my Korg Kaoss Pad KP3 with the aux send/return

Everything works fine except for this minor issue. When I use the FX I still hear the normal sound. The effect generating sound is playing OVER the normal sound. When I mute the channel and use the FX i get only the fx sound. Anyone has a clue why the returned fx signal doesn't "replace" the original one?

Any help is welcome; thanks .

For example;when i put a filter on the sound i notice the filter in working but at the end i can't filter the song out because the fx seem to be seperate from the channel sound.

(srr for my bad english)

The problem is that a return track is a whole new input channel, it doesn't dub over the original, it just adds a new track to the mix. That's why it doesn't replace the old one.

Tech Convert

Hmm ok; at the moment my headphone is plugged into the mixer. Would i solve my problem if I redirect the "master output" of the mixer back to the sound card and put my headphone into the soundcard ?

No, the soundcard has nothing to do with this.
    It's just the way send/return's work.
    You should run your master out to the KP3, and run the KP3 out to the sound system(stereo, pa, monitors).
    Or get used to cutting the tracks when using the send effects.