another "Focusrite Saffire LE or Presonus Firebox" post

Default another "Focusrite Saffire LE or Presonus Firebox" post

Hi guys, sorry for posting this again as to im sure you see this question alot, but I am pretty sure these are the two sound cards of choice that I want to go with and would just like some further feed back as to the ease of use, sound quality, build quality, and any other comments that you guys have regarding these two sound cards. I currently run Virtual Dj and bought my self a Korg KM402 mixer and would like to ouput deck 1+2 of VDJ onto my Km402 so I can mix externally. I also plan on doing some production in the future, I know both of these gears will do the job just fine but after doing some forum searching it seems that the Presonus Firebox seems to be the interface of choice. So any light you can shed on this subject would deeply be gratified by this nubbling =)...Cheers
    Last edited by j1n; 11-11-2008 at 01:13 AM.

I own the Presonus and its built like a brick. Also they seem to keep ontop of their driver issues which is more than we can say about some other companies out there. The sound quality and signal strength is enough to rock any system, anywhere.

I seem to recall that the Saffire doesn't allow headphone cueing on a separate channel out; it's essentially a monitor of the main out. Definitely would check on this.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Quote Originally Posted by steveboyett View Post
    I seem to recall that the Saffire doesn't allow headphone cueing on a separate channel out; it's essentially a monitor of the main out. Definitely would check on this.
    Is that essentially going to cause a big problem even if im going to cue with my mixer??..