using a midifighter as a midi keyboard

Default using a midifighter as a midi keyboard

Hey guys! So along with getting into djing with my first vci-100, I've also been learning and playing around in producing and since I hate using the in-software keyboard, I was wondering if a midifighter can be used as a keyboard for software such as reason and logic pro. If it can, great...what files do I need for it to work? If its too complicated,(not hack/DIY savvy ) what cheap alternatives are there?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy0123 View Post
    Hey guys! So along with getting into djing with my first vci-100, I've also been learning and playing around in producing and since I hate using the in-software keyboard, I was wondering if a midifighter can be used as a keyboard for software such as reason and logic pro. If it can, great...what files do I need for it to work? If its too complicated,(not hack/DIY savvy ) what cheap alternatives are there?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    Its a MIDI device.You can make it trigger anything you want. All you have to do is map it. Although I don't believe the midifighter buttons are pressure sensitive(velocity). Just pick up a reasonable priced midi keyboard. I had an Akai MPK49. It was a beast and way more than I needed. I sold it and picked up a Line 6 KB37. Not the greatest but it meets my needs for a keyboard while in Logic. Its all personal preference really.
    Last edited by Redlight; 07-04-2010 at 02:01 PM.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer