Novation Dicer

Thread: Novation Dicer

Default Novation Dicer

I've been playing around with my pair of Dicers for more than three days now.

I'm using Torq and they really rock with my own mapping.

All I don't like is the conection of the right Dicer. With a small battlemixer like Vestax PMC-06 the cable/plug on the left side of the Dicer gets into the way of my fingers while scratching and heavy usage of the crossfader.
    I'm also wondering why they didn't use a standart mini-USB-cable like Korg used for the nano series. I like to bring extra cables just in case one gets broken. Don't know where to buy the one Novation uses.
    The third contra is that there's no editor like NI brought to their Maschine or Korg for their nanos.

That brings me to my question.
    What do I need to let the LEDs of the 5 big buttons light up and interact with my mapping when using the Dicer with Torq?
    http://facebook.com/like.GRIZU
    Setup: MacBook 2.2 GHz 3 GB RAM OSX 10.6.4, Torq Conectiv Vinyl 1.5.3, 2x Technics MKII, Ecler HAK 320, PMC-05 Pro 4 Blk, PMC-06 Pro B, 2x Shure M44-7, VCI-300 & VFX-1 + ITCH, NI Maschine, Korg nano Pad & Kontrol, Audio8DJ & TS Pro, Novation Dicer

is there a bit for mapping outputs? if so i'd imagine it won't be too dissimilar from traktor, in that the led will have the same note/cc as the button, so you just need to map an output that shows what you want to that note/cc?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

You can only map on/off controlls in Torq via midilearn.
    There are no modifiers and settings by hand like in Traktor.
    Setup: MacBook 2.2 GHz 3 GB RAM OSX 10.6.4, Torq Conectiv Vinyl 1.5.3, 2x Technics MKII, Ecler HAK 320, PMC-05 Pro 4 Blk, PMC-06 Pro B, 2x Shure M44-7, VCI-300 & VFX-1 + ITCH, NI Maschine, Korg nano Pad & Kontrol, Audio8DJ & TS Pro, Novation Dicer

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by 75er View Post
    I've been playing around with my pair of Dicers for more than three days now.

I'm using Torq and they really rock with my own mapping.

All I don't like is the conection of the right Dicer. With a small battlemixer like Vestax PMC-06 the cable/plug on the left side of the Dicer gets into the way of my fingers while scratching and heavy usage of the crossfader.
    I'm also wondering why they didn't use a standart mini-USB-cable like Korg used for the nano series. I like to bring extra cables just in case one gets broken. Don't know where to buy the one Novation uses.
    The third contra is that there's no editor like NI brought to their Maschine or Korg for their nanos.

That brings me to my question.
    What do I need to let the LEDs of the 5 big buttons light up and interact with my mapping when using the Dicer with Torq?
    Can you share how you mapped your dicers with torq? I can really use the help because i just got my dicers today : ). thanks!

I did snapshots of the repeater effect in 5 different settings on each deck.
    That's how you can have what it called looproll in Scratch Live.
    I mapped them to the 3rd page of the dicer.
    Pressing the 3rd little Button and the 1st big button is cuestart and jumps back to the beginning.

On page one I've got cuepoints 1 - 5. Activate "Set cuepoints" is mapped to first small and first big button pressed at the same time.

On page two the two dicer are mapped different from each other.
    Left one has: Load/unload Quickscratch to left deck, delay (on/off), autoloop 1 bar, autoloop 2 bars, autoloop on/off.
    Right one has: Play sample (my DJ name) instead of activating quickscratch.

You can map any function of Torq you want and you need for your own style of deejaying by just taking snapshots and/or map them with the rightclick method.

There are tutorial videos for this on www.torq-dj.com
    They explain everything in detail and might be better to understand then my German school English.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by franciswiermann View Post
    Thanks!! Will try this one, looks great!

Don't know where to buy the one Novation uses.

Please get in touch and I'm sure we can help you out:

http://www.novationmusic.com/answerbase/en/contact.php

Best,

Tim

Focusrite / Novation Technical Support