Midi Fighter Trigger Response VS Novation Dicer
    Tech Convert

Default Midi Fighter Trigger Response VS Novation Dicer

This is probably more for the folks at DJTT.

But can anyone compare the trigger response between the Dicer and Midi Fighter? My initial guess was that the MF would be quicker , but the vids that are out for the Dicer makes it questionable. Both seem to be quick.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Do you mean quicker as in the latency of the data or how fast the buttons can be pressed.

If its the first then the difference will be negligible, if its the second I would guess the midifighter but I havent got my hands on a finished dicer yet...

Tech Convert

Good Point,

Initially it was more on how fast the buttons can be pressed, but now that I think of it is also how fast does the data get triggered since I want it to be heard just as fast -no latency. I guess this can only be measured by using both on the same system.

The Midifighter key downs get sent as soon as they are detected, which is about 1 milisecond (actually 1/1018 of a second or something like that), the key debouncing requires 10 clocks of keyup to register a key release, so that's 10 miliseconds. So 11ms total for a key press/release cycle. You'll need to press a single key more than 90 times a second to swamp the system. That's just a single key and as each key is independently scanned, feel free to press all 16 keys that fast. We can cope.

The key scan results are sent to the USB the moment they are available so we're feeding the host as fast as it can go. After that it's up to your computer to deal with the results in real time, we did our part!

Tech Convert

In simple terms, from a hardware unit perspective, will both achieve the same or similar results?

probably similar.

but that said, it can make a difference for you if you (don't) like the feel of the midifighter/dicer buttons.