You're going to love this one . . . how do I get rid of didirit didirit didirit
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default You're going to love this one . . . how do I get rid of didirit didirit didirit

Okay, so I have this sick ass party lined up for this weekend, I go out and get all my speakers, my lights and the whole 9 yards. I set everything up -flawless I start to mix and F around with the entire setup to make sure there are no surprises - well there are always surprises for me

I got the didirit didirit didirit didirit through the speakers - that nasty sound that cellphones make. I went to the local music store (probably the biggest chain in Canada) and explained the problem - they all stared at one another in the rental section and said "Good question, how do we get rid of the didirit didirit didirit sounds" - I am now here to see what you guys suggest...?!?!

turn your phone off?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    turn your phone off?
    I was going to say that! but you either turn of the mobile or move it away from the speakers, no other cure that i know of.

+1 for Brad's suggestion.

If that fails, you have a high frequency signal attached to your audio signal. Are you hooked up balanced or unbalanced? With your speaker and light set-up, you should only consider balanced. If you are running balanced, you may have a bad cable, or worse, a bad piece of hardware that is not properly processing the balanced signal.

Start with hooking everything up balanced (at BOTH ends), then look for bad cables. And finally, start unhooking one piece of hardware, see if the noise goes away, if not hook it back up and move on to the next piece. You need to find the bad egg (if cables are all OK).

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    turn your phone off?
    OMG why didn't I think of that . . . but wait, than I will have to ask the other 49 guests to do the same? :eek:

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    +1 for Brad's suggestion.

If that fails, you have a high frequency signal attached to your audio signal. Are you hooked up balanced or unbalanced? With your speaker and light set-up, you should only consider balanced. If you are running balanced, you may have a bad cable, or worse, a bad piece of hardware that is not properly processing the balanced signal.

Start with hooking everything up balanced (at BOTH ends), then look for bad cables. And finally, start unhooking one piece of hardware, see if the noise goes away, if not hook it back up and move on to the next piece. You need to find the bad egg (if cables are all OK).

Phil.
    I will try this, thanks Phil...I'm surprised you gave +1 to Brad as it was just a smart ass comment!

Quote Originally Posted by Plato0n View Post
    I will try this, thanks Phil...I'm surprised you gave +1 to Brad as it was just a smart ass comment!
    OMG why didn't I think of that . . . but wait, than I will have to ask the other 49 guests to do the same? :eek:
    hmmm... may i point out....

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    I was going to say that! but you either turn of the mobile or move it away from the speakers, no other cure that i know of.
    out of interest; does it happen when your phone is off? you haven't mentioned this...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Mine only does this when my phone is sitting on top of the computer keyboard. Turn your wifi, bluetooth and your phone off
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

At least it isnt as bad as Nigel Tufnels interference.
    Sorry couldnt resist this classic clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs4j8DOAgBg

Tech Guru

I'm surprised you gave +1 to Brad as it was just a smart ass comment!
    Starting with the obvious isn't being a smart ass. If you're asking for help, it might be in your favor to be open minded with any help you get.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast