Midifighter help! Non responsive!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Midifighter help! Non responsive!

Hey guys!

I am dead worried now!

My Midifighter was working fine, apart from one thing, when you put it into mash up beat mode. All the bottom two rows of lights do not come on, only one light comes on.
    I was watching the video of Ean and the 2 MF' s and it made me want to give it a try. When I discovered that was not working exactly right, I decided to upgrade the firmware.

I got most of the way but then It said something about not being able to complete.
    Now my midifighter has ALL of its lights on SOLID.

I cannot wrap my head around the Mac instructions. Is there anyone who can explain them a little simpler!

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hi Hammer,

Dont panic - it will be a little harder now but we can still get it running again.

First do you have access to a PC at all? This makes it much easier.

Second thing now is because the firmware is corrupted you cannot enter the bootloader mode by holding the corners at startup. To enter bootloader mode you must use the footprint labeled BOOT on the top left side of the PCB near the expansion port.

What you need to do is with the USB cable NOT plugged in make a link (a small piece of wire will suffice) between the two silver holes closest to the PCB edge adjacent to the the BOOT lable (shown by the red link in my crappy diagram).

Once the link is in place, plug the USB cable into the midi fighter, once this is done remove the link and try to connect to it using the flash update software.

Once you succesfully connect you can update the flash and you should be good to go again

Right, yeah! I have access to a pc. I'm gonna give that a go in a minute. will a unfloded paperclip be alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post

My Midifighter was working fine, apart from one thing, when you put it into mash up beat mode. All the bottom two rows of lights do not come on, only one light comes on.

this is standard for me. don't know why..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

A paper clip without a plastic covering should do the trick. Let me know how you get on..

Okay! All done! I used a unfolded staple. Worked fine!
    One thing I must say now, when I flip it into record mode with the sample, only 2 lights on each row stay lit? Is this normal, before hand it was No lights.

Got it! Was in the wrong mode! Simple hit record, then shift and record. Awesome! Thanks guys!

@Hammer
    Did you have to go with a PC or did you get it resolved with a Mac? Just useful information for the future (and me when I bother to update mine!).

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    @Hammer
    Did you have to go with a PC or did you get it resolved with a Mac? Just useful information for the future (and me when I bother to update mine!).

Phil.
    I originally tried flashing on the Mac and I think I "restarted" the MF too early before the firmware fully loaded. I just made it easier on myself and reflashed it on a PC. I'm sure it would've worked fine on the Mac.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

When I originally tried it on my mac, I was
    A little confused, with no proper interface to follow. Terminal ain't the easiest. So in the end I did it on a PC. Btw my midifighter works great! Love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast