Midifighter help! Non responsive! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

In Terminal, you just need to enter the dfu-programmer commands all in one line: dfu-programmer at90usb162 erase && dfu-programmer at90usb162 flash --debug 1 midifighter.hex && dfu-programmer at90usb162 reset

In the code where it says "midifighter.hex"... you need to put in the full name of the .hex file for the firmware. Most important part is that after you enter this command, 3 lights will blink on the top of the MIDI Fighter. Wait for these lights to finish blinking and eventually there will be no lights on it. That's when it's safe to unplug and replug the USB cable from the MIDI Fighter.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Default MF NOT Responding!

Hi I read the Forum and followed the instructions with no success whatsoever.

My problem is that my MF stoped working one day, there is always the top left light turned on whenever I connect it to any of my 2 PCs. but it does not respond.

After making the wire connection and connecting it nothing happens, just the same blue light on the top left button, can someone help me?

Thank you

Tech Student

I used a piece of wire and it STILL didn't put it into bootloader mode, I'm sad now. Please help me. Brand new midi fighter so gutted it doesn't want to work.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey guys if you are having hardware issues contact orders@djtechtools.com and they will arrange replacement or repair.

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Hi Hammer,

Dont panic - it will be a little harder now but we can still get it running again.

First do you have access to a PC at all? This makes it much easier.

Second thing now is because the firmware is corrupted you cannot enter the bootloader mode by holding the corners at startup. To enter bootloader mode you must use the footprint labeled BOOT on the top left side of the PCB near the expansion port.

What you need to do is with the USB cable NOT plugged in make a link (a small piece of wire will suffice) between the two silver holes closest to the PCB edge adjacent to the the BOOT lable (shown by the red link in my crappy diagram).

Once the link is in place, plug the USB cable into the midi fighter, once this is done remove the link and try to connect to it using the flash update software.

Once you succesfully connect you can update the flash and you should be good to go again
    i cannot open my midi fighter twister guys??!!!! there are no other openings or red places
    i´m stuck here just bought it today.

Default where is the diagram

hi i dont see a diagram in the post
    Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Hi Hammer,

Dont panic - it will be a little harder now but we can still get it running again.

First do you have access to a PC at all? This makes it much easier.

Second thing now is because the firmware is corrupted you cannot enter the bootloader mode by holding the corners at startup. To enter bootloader mode you must use the footprint labeled BOOT on the top left side of the PCB near the expansion port.

What you need to do is with the USB cable NOT plugged in make a link (a small piece of wire will suffice) between the two silver holes closest to the PCB edge adjacent to the the BOOT lable (shown by the red link in my crappy diagram).

Once the link is in place, plug the USB cable into the midi fighter, once this is done remove the link and try to connect to it using the flash update software.

Once you succesfully connect you can update the flash and you should be good to go again

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

This thread refers to the original Midi Fighter, please refrain from trying to troubleshoot other models with the process detailed here.

If your device has similar symptoms please contact us at support@djtechtools.com to get your device fixed/replaced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12