Dicer with traktor questions
    Tech Mentor

Default Dicer with traktor questions

So I am not a serato or tracktor scratch user. I sadly can't afford the arcade vci-100 and have a beginner midi controller for my djing but i think using cue points/loops would be a great advantage to me. is the dicer something that could essentially take the place of the arcade buttons on the vci arcade?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think so and do even more than what the arcade buttons on an arcade edition VCI-100 can do without having to hit shift a bunch. A computer keyboard could do all that as well you'll just get better response from Arcade buttons in both cases. The Dicer would probably blow away a keyboard though and I'm not sure how much better arcade buttons would really be than the dicer. To clarify, I'm sure they are better, but in real world use I'm not sure how much of that better most people could really utilize.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I believe the dicer was intended for DVS DJ's that would like easy access to their cues and loops.Assuming the software you are using allows midi mapping, I believe the dicer will work nicely for cues and loops.

EDIT: I now see you said with Traktor in the title. Most def will work for triggering cues and loops.
    Last edited by Redlight; 07-07-2010 at 03:00 PM.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

If you're not using DVS, you'd possibly get most out of a akai lpd8.

I've had a go one one and the pads are wicked and i mean to get one. i think for beat juggling etc then the pads are real nice.

Super cheap too
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    If you're not using DVS, you'd possibly get most out of a akai lpd8.

I've had a go one one and the pads are wicked and i mean to get one. i think for beat juggling etc then the pads are real nice.

Super cheap too
    the akai lpd8 looks really really interesting. i might pick one up considering its only 60 bucks on amazon!

the lpd8 is cool, but the dicer buttons have a nicer feel (though they are not arcade buttons) - the flip side is that they dont have velocity data like the lpd 8 does

Anyone feeling a dicer mod with ARCADE buttons and LEDS??!

Think the dicer has got leds... or at least i'm pretty sure the buttons change colour etc..

I'm more tempted by the lpd8 that the dicer anyway cause you get knobs too.

I defo need more knobs that i have on the vci-100
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Yeah I know the dicer has leds, but if you replace the buttons with arcades, then the leds are gone that's why I said with LEDS

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I defo need more knobs that i have on the vci-100
    i'm good for knobs, it's buttons i need more of...

finally got round to tidying up my tsi so now the vci can run pretty much stand alone. my nanopad (soon to be a dicer...) will be used for the few bits i can't fit on the vci

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud