Issue with new crane stand.
    Tech Guru

Default Issue with new crane stand.

So I finally got my new crane stand. I have a problem though.

The instructions for proper use reads "release both cam locks by rotating out and away." Does this mean rotate them all the way to the other side, or to point them out?

Also "Set initial tension by by rotating the tensioning knob clockwise. Do not over tighten. Finger-tight should be more than sufficient." and then when I am supposed to set the cam locks back to the locked position thers "If cam lever will not rotate into locked position, do not force it. Simply loosen the tensioning knob slightly and recheck. See, if I am not mistaken, "finger tight" is enough to where you do not have to add force to tighten the tensioning knobs more. So I go on rotating clockwise will my fingers are stopped. The I go set the cam locks o locked mode from their "pointing out" position. But after about 60% rotated to the locked position I have to start a applying a LOT of force to fully lock it. Even at this I experience sagging when I put my 13 inch laptop on it, so i have to readjust them more, causing me to use a LOT more force than the time before to fully lock. Am I doing this right? because I dont want to be using too much force that I am gradually breaking the ting.

Thanks

-Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

It should be able to hold a 13" laptop absolutely no worries, so if its sagging then you havent added enough initial tension before locking the lock.

The stands can take a fair bit of punishment so i wouldnt worry too much about breaking it. you would have to screw the screw in quite damn tight to break the locking mechanism

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    It should be able to hold a 13" laptop absolutely no worries, so if its sagging then you havent added enough initial tension before locking the lock.

The stands can take a fair bit of punishment so i wouldnt worry too much about breaking it. you would have to screw the screw in quite damn tight to break the locking mechanism
    still though i feel like im applying a LOT of force so that the locking cams will lock tight enough so it wont sag

-Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud