Anyone able to help me here ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Anyone able to help me here ?

So birthday's coming up soon, Whoop di dooo !
    time to buy a new controller ...

I'd love a launchpad,
    Simply due to size, Portability, Looks well builts, And Look Great Too, Also Looks like great fun.

Is there any way of controlling 4 decks in traktor with it ?

Like i just want to be able to use basic transport functions, beat jump, fx on/off, looping etc.
    I have a uc-33-e for any knobs/fader use e.g volume and eq.

Your probably wondering why not get and x1 ?
    Simply because i want something i can use in live too so i can play about with minimal live sets

Yes you can, id hook it up with Bomes midi translator personally and get some funky LED feedback happening

Search the mapping section, there are a couple of Traktor 4 deck maps in there. They should give you and idea of what others are up to (you can do a lot more by also ucing your UC-33).

A cheaper solution than Bome's is midiKatapult, I use it for the LP and like it's simplicity.

All in all, your gonna love the LP in Live. It may not be a great production tool, but as a performance tool it is just awesome.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Mentor

Cool cheers guys I Shall check it out

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    All in all, your gonna love the LP in Live. It may not be a great production tool, but as a performance tool it is just awesome.
    Yeah, i love my launchpad. But i have to disagree, i think it's an amazing production tool. I use it when ever i feel like i need to get out of my head and just kinda feel it. I'll set it up on a synth, then put a pitch tool to keep the synth in key with my song, and just kinda mash buttons and have fun messing around with different rhythms and arpeggios.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Yeah, i love my launchpad. But i have to disagree, i think it's an amazing production tool. I use it when ever i feel like i need to get out of my head and just kinda feel it. I'll set it up on a synth, then put a pitch tool to keep the synth in key with my song, and just kinda mash buttons and have fun messing around with different rhythms and arpeggios.
    From that point I agree, its "playability" is quite good (but its no Midi Fighter). What I meant was for controlling plug-ins, without knobs it doesn't really suit. But if all you need are buttons or "keys", it is good for production too.

Do you use it in "native" mode on one of the user settings or do you use it in midi mode for what you described?

Thanks for sorting that out Str8upDrew!

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

I use it in "user 1" mode. The lack of knobs does kinda suck, but i always have my nanokontrol just for that purpose. It's a nice, ultra portable setup using just those 2 devices. Has a fairly small footprint, loads of buttons/knobs/faders, and all fits in my laptop bag. And a UC-33 isn't much bigger, and a little nicer. So i think you'll be pretty happy with it.

Tech Mentor

Guys i've looked at the katapult website.

But can someone explain how i'd get a 4-deck mapping for it ?
    Like can i make my own mapping ? Or what's the story with it ?

Is there pre-made mappings for it ?

Tech Mentor

You sir are a gentleman

Thank you. Problem Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast