Getting the MIC input on Vestax Spin to work in Traktor.

Default Getting the MIC input on Vestax Spin to work in Traktor.

Like the title says, I'm using my Vestax Spin with Traktor Pro, and I really want to get the MIC input on the Spin to work. As it is right now, I have my Spin, and an Audio 2 DJ, I use them both as an aggregate soundcard in Traktor. Main output goes through Channel A in the Audio 2 DJ, and the record output goes through Channel B, (but I really just use this to make my homemade dj lights flicker to the beat of the music), then I use the headphone output on the Spin for Headphone cueing. I would really Like to get the MIC input to work, so I can do shout outs at birthday parties and what not.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

OK, just gave it a go and it works.

Set up, Sure SM58 connected to the Spin with a TRS. Set Input Routing on the desired deck to 1. Back Center 2. Side Left. Change that deck to Audio Trough (click the deck letter for that list). Now turn the input level on the spin up to max, move the channel fader all the way up and use the gain for level.

I put it on deck C, so I would set a button up to toggle that fader on/off for mic use. Should be fairly straight forward.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    OK, just gave it a go and it works.

Set up, Sure SM58 connected to the Spin with a TRS. Set Input Routing on the desired deck to 1. Back Center 2. Side Left. Change that deck to Audio Trough (click the deck letter for that list). Now turn the input level on the spin up to max, move the channel fader all the way up and use the gain for level.

I put it on deck C, so I would set a button up to toggle that fader on/off for mic use. Should be fairly straight forward.

Phil.
    cool, thanks for the quick reply, I will try this in the morning when I get back home, and let you know how it works out. So basically I'm just through routing my audio signal to one of the four decks in Traktor, right?
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Yep, just like any other audio source. But as you really only need to "switch" it on and off, you can toggle the line fader for the deck from a button (after you do your sound check before your set, with your gains and EQ adjusted).

Phil.

sounds good, except, I noticed there's a delay when it goes out through the main output, is there any way to reduce the delay?
    My Mixcloud Page!

Are you using the aggregate set-up from your OP? They are famous for audio latency.

Try it with just the Spin sound card.

Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    Are you using the aggregate set-up from your OP? They are famous for audio latency.

Try it with just the Spin sound card.

Phil.
    you're absolutely right, it worked with just the spin, thanks a ton, and thanks for the quick reply.
    My Mixcloud Page!

Actually I think I got my aggregate soundacrd to work fine with no latency by using the Vestax Spin as the Master Clock for the aggregate soundcard.
    My Mixcloud Page!