Buying Used Maschine: Any caveats I should be weary of?

Default Buying Used Maschine: Any caveats I should be weary of?

Seems I can get a used (imported) for the equivalent of about $400-$410 USD. About $100 off of the new price here (don't ask me why, but it's actually cheaper here than the US). It is apparently in mint shape (most Japanese used gear is insanely well taken care of, kudos to them for that). Warranty has expired, but I'm assured it runs well.

Are there issues if it's been registered w/ NI?

Tech Guru

I dont think there is a problem so long as the original owner transfers the registration information over to the new user. Also it must be the retail version, if it's an Academic Edition one you're buying 2nd hand, that won't end well at all.

Indeed. That would be worse than a game of bingo gone horribly wrong. It was bought from an important shop, so I'm quite positive it's not the educational version (I doubt they even import them) but will of course make 100% certain.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No-one is allowed to sell an EDU version that has previously been registered so you will be entitled to your money back if it is EDU.

Just make sure that the owner provides proof that it has been unregistered.

Hardware: Not a lot to go wrong. If its been only relatively well taken care of then you wont have any issues. Check the pads havent been hammered although even if they have theres very little give on them so that they cant be damaged so easily. The knobs are sturdy. Ive only heard of one guy that broke a knob off, and im pretty hamfisted and ive not come close to it.

1.5 software is now available with sh*t loads of new sounds and more sampler features.

You will love it.

Ive only heard of one guy that broke a knob off, and im pretty hamfisted and ive not come close to it.
    Our British friends are probably just giggling balls right now.

1.5 software is now available with sh*t loads of new sounds and more sampler features.

You will love it.
    Yeah -- next problem. How to not completely destroy a pair of pants from excitement once I get it!

Cheers for the info, guys.