Vestax Typhoon Help

Default Vestax Typhoon Help

I just started mixing and stuff as a habit. I purchased the Vestax Typhoon controller to use. And so far it has worked well. Without any external speakers to use, I use my laptop's soundcard and built in speakers to produce sound. When doing this I cannot use headphones in the Typhoon to listen to what is in the deck with the headphone button.
    Can this be solved?
    Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There is a way to aggregate the two sound cards (bmo does it with his Spin), but I really think you could use a set of speakers. Mixing with EQs and small speakers (like laptop ones) is almost impossible, you need to hear the full range of sounds to be able to know if a mix has a good sound (no clashes). You don't need big speakers, small computer ones are fine in a small space.

Hopefully bmo will be along soon and tell you how he sets up with two sound cards.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

:P Although I think Pilmat has more knowledge on this, what worked for me was going into the utilities folder of my mac and clicking on the midi icon (looks like a black keyboard)

and from there you click the plus button at the bottom which allows you to choose which soundcards you want to be combined. You'll probably want the built in soundcard and the typhoon soundcard checked.

Then go into Traktor and choose the aggregate soundcard for audio device,

then select the different output channels to get channels 3 + 4 on the typhoon out for monitoring, and the built in soundcard channels for main output.

But I do recommend getting real speakers.

regards,

-BMO
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

This has been very informitive and helpful, although i use a PC, and am not given the choice to aggregate in the audio devices,
    and I have no clue where to find that midi button
    if there is any way for this to be accomplished on the pc, that would be immensely useful

sorry I have no idea how to set it up on a pc, I've only been djaying since I got my Macbook Pro last year for University. Although there are quite a few people on these forums that use PCs, I'm sure you could start a thread in the general area, about setting up aggregate soundcards on a PC, and you'd get a pretty quick response.

If you have any other questions I may be able to help you.

regards,

BMO
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Thanks very much for your help, It is much appreciated.

VivaLaPhobia

Tech Wizard

ASIO4ALL is what you are after I believe.
    This lets you use two soundcards in traktor.

Search the forum and a general google for more info

thanks man, got it all sorted out now. Thanks for the help.