Anyone want to critique my mixing?
    Tech Wizard

Default Anyone want to critique my mixing?

http://soundcloud.com/grazepoint

One of the important parts of getting better is having people not just tell you that your mix sucks, but why it sucks. I haven't had anyone tell me that my mixing was bad in a long time now, so I guess I should start asking people who actually DJ. I'm pretty sure that at the point I'm at now, I've got basic mixing down for the most part, and need to start learning the FX and be more creative.

The notable ones would be:

A Mix For The Trolls (or Six Songs) - Everyone seems to really like this

Slowmix 1 - One of my better mixes, IMO.

Mix 4 (Rev 2) -The fidgeting house mix, again- - Even though I made this a while back, it seems to still be one of the better mixes.

But I'd really appreciate it if I could get feedback on any of the mixes.

Except for those keyboard mixes....

Tech Wizard

Up we go from page three~

Tech Mentor

its about what u think mate.a dj is someone that likes music right?so you select what you want for whatever reason you feel at the time.there are videos on this site about every corner of mixing (phrasing,key mixing,even mixing alternate music.)why not just post your mixes that your happy with.you wont please everyone as a dj so as long as your happy with it u can't go wrong.i mean this nicely but who cares about the calibre of your mixing.if you are happy(ish) with a mix and u post it and the listener liked your track selection then they would forgive the odd mix or two.you should be able to hear whats good and bad as a dj as thats fundamentally what makes a dj good or bad.so thats my critique for you bud.hope it helps

Tech Mentor

i couldn't open the link pal sorry

Tech Wizard

Works fine for me, guess I'll try posting those embedded things here...