Traktor Scratch (on turtables) + VCI?
    Tech Student

Default Traktor Scratch (on turtables) + VCI?

Hi,
    I was wondering if it is possible to use VCI as a mixer and controller along with turntables (traktor scratch)? I couldn't find any info about this setup, or maybe Im not searching properly

That should still work. I believe that when you switch to external mode, the VCI loses EQ and volume fader controls.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

You can use timecode vinyl. Connect the turntables to your audio 4/8 inputs. In the Traktor settings go to input routing and set the inputs for a & b. In timecode setup change to vinyl. Then go to the arrow under the deck focus (large A or B by the decks) and select scratch control. You will see the decks pop up next to the play button. Choose relative or absolute. That should sort you however beware!! I have just set this up and if you touch the jog wheels it will send it a bit crazy, try and you will see.

You can but......

Traktor has problems when using timecode and VCIse (latest mapping) together. It seems to bug out after a bit of using fader effects on the VCI and if you touch the VCI jogs it goes effin crazy. Way to buggy for live performance but fun to fuck with in the bedroom. Not sure what causes the problems but I have not been able to fix any of the issues. If anybody has any suggestions I would love to hear em.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

I would think this would work fine if you leave the VCI in fader effects mode -- then the jog wheels control effects rather than the position of the track?

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I would think this would work fine if you leave the VCI in fader effects mode -- then the jog wheels control effects rather than the position of the track?
    It works well in fader FX mode for a little bit but after a bit of playing it becomes unresponsive for some reason. I have tried everything I can think of and no luck. Maybe the new Traktor will be able to handle it.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

Works fine with my VCI. I pulled all the fader fx out of the DJTT mappings though.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud