What have I missed? Music wise... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Tech Guru BradCee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Amazingstoke, UK
    Posts
    4,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyoog View Post
    Plumps did that Hightops tunes which was good, haven't heard anything recently though?
    felt a bit lazy imo, still bought it and like it. but they've done better, and worse. the entire headthrash album for example, lol. i take that back, rocket soul is a tune

    Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

  2. #22
    Tech Guru Fyoog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    felt a bit lazy imo, still bought it and like it. but they've done better, and worse. the entire headthrash album for example, lol. i take that back, rocket soul is a tune
    Their Fabric CD was a master piece but that's getting on a bit now.

    Meat Katie is on that Lot49 you mentioned isn't he? Loving their work as you said.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

  3. #23
    Tech Guru BradCee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Amazingstoke, UK
    Posts
    4,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyoog View Post
    Their Fabric CD was a master piece but that's getting on a bit now.
    was listening to that yesterday


    Quote Originally Posted by Fyoog View Post
    Meat Katie is on that Lot49 you mentioned isn't he? Loving their work as you said.
    yep

    vandal just released a 3 track ep the other week on Lot49

    Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

  4. #24
    Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    20Hz - 60Hz
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    dnb was really popular in the dance music scene at one point.
    Well that's good to know, pretty sure there's not much of a following for it here in Canada though.

    Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    my opinion is anyone who is 21+ and still attaches themselves to some type of highschool label is some sad shit lol. that whole sticking to one scene and making it your identity is total kids stuff.
    Well I'm 20, so I guess I'm ok then, eh? *tongue-in-cheek* I agree with you though, probably shoulda mentioned part of that rant was tongue-in-cheek lol.

    Either way a resurgence in breaks wouldn't be a bad thing...
    Also this has been stuck in my mind since the noisia essential mix:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDEKQQz_pr8&fmt=18
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

  5. #25
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,596

    Default

    ^^
    love tipper, one of the sickest producers ever man...


    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    Well that's good to know, pretty sure there's not much of a following for it here in Canada though.

    yeah it really died in vancouver for awhile with the whole dubstep takeover, but it's actually starting to come back a bit this year. i think new groups like Dirtyphonics are stirring up more interest and generating new fans for dnb, not to mention the dubstep backlash from all the heads who hate it when their "super secret new genre" becomes kind of mainstream.

  6. #26
    Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    20Hz - 60Hz
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    ^^
    love tipper, one of the sickest producers ever man...
    Agreed, I got 'Tip Hop' and loved it, gonna have to keep an eye out for more of his work

    Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    i think new groups like Dirtyphonics are stirring up more interest and generating new fans for dnb
    Haha, Dirtyphonics make some crazy stuff, not a bad thing that there's some interest being generated. I haven't seen that much of it but Waterloo is a small university city so the clubs are mostly top40's, electro and house... Toronto I'm sure has a bit of DnB if you dig for it, but I haven't gotten around to digging yet lol.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

  7. #27
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    Toronto I'm sure has a bit of DnB if you dig for it, but I haven't gotten around to digging yet lol.
    you probably won't have to dig to deep bro, i hear the dnb scene in tdot is alive and well.

  8. #28
    Tech Mentor RobDeLarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, US (swedish nationality)
    Posts
    235

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •