Help me pick a font/logo
    Tech Mentor

Default Help me pick a font/logo

after thinking about it I might just use my DJ name as my actual name "Tristan". The whole clever thing isn't working out for me. What do you guys think of these fonts for a logo for my name for flyers. Should I throw DJ in front of there? I find it to be a bit cheesey.

Tech Mentor

try and stay away from dafont.com. really bad typefaces.

stick with a classic well drawn typeface. franklin gothic, din, helvetica, or avenir and edit those to your liking.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Just plain Tristan is good. I think I like the first one and the third one.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by armyofme4340 View Post
    try and stay away from dafont.com. really bad typefaces.

stick with a classic well drawn typeface. franklin gothic, din, helvetica, or avenir and edit those to your liking.
    thanks for the advice. im far from a photoshop expert so any advice is great!

i always loved Impact

DJ JesC
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

ctrld

stay away from the font "bleeding cowboys" (third and fourth one). it's horribly overused. stick with a classic typeface or make your own.

use photoshop for bells & whistles only after you've made a solid vector logo inside illustrator. if you don't have the money, inkscape and gimp are free alternatives.

Tech Guru

those fonts are ugly as fuck yo.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tristancary View Post
    thanks for the advice. im far from a photoshop expert so any advice is great!
    It's not really a matter of photoshop and actually you should never bring a logo into photoshop for alteration. It's best to keep a clean vector logo with all the data still in vector instead of rasterizing it in photoshop.

It's really a matter of good taste. I like the idea of keeping it simple TRISTAN. So go with that. Keep it simple, keep it bold, and keep it classy.

Rusko is a good example of adding some grunge but ultimately still keeping it simple.

Watch the spacing between your letters make sure it's well balanced and you have equal (optical) space between each and every letter. This is one of the biggest mistakes that a non trained designer will do. Just type and distort.

You're def heading in the right direction with keeping it all caps and simple. Try using a really bold helvetica or Univers and then make making it a stencil by cutting out spaces in letters. It's still unique but at least you started with a good base typeface.