Midi-Fighter LED Help - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    What number units do you guys have?
    Mine is #67

No worries. I was just happy I was able to follow the flash thread, fire up the old xp pc, and actually make it through the flash process without killing half a bottle of Jameson in frustration!
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Tech Convert

mine is #49 - should I reflash mine as well?

-Elf

Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    mine is #49 - should I reflash mine as well?

-Elf
    Do your LED's function properly when you toggle them? If yes, then do not flash. If no then you need to reflash.
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Tech Convert

well, I'm using the deckalized mapping and they seem to toggle okay for the most part, except I noticed when I sample something with the sample section, and then do shift-record to go to the reslicing mode, the first time I hit shift-record all the lights on the bottom go out. If I do a shift-record again a second time, then all the lights on the bottom come on to do the reslicing... (seemed odd to me having to do it twice??)

Also once, I believe when I was in the regular shift-record cuepoint jumping mode (when there are alternating lit-dark patterns on the bottom two rows), somehow I managed to do something that made the 2 lights in the top row (of the cuepoints, technically row 3 i guess) just plain go out, leaving only 2 lights on in the bottom. I'm really not sure how that happened, and I just did shift-record (turned them all off) and shift-record again (back on to the alternating pattern for cuepoint jumping).

Based on these, do you think that a reflash of the latest firmware would be helpful?
    The startup flashing the firmware does is a joy to watch. I don't suppose that the ending 3 lights on the top left to right indicate what firmware version it is? (Oh! I just found that 3 slower solid flashes is the latest.. and quick like the first runthrough is the older?)

I do have one thing to say though:
    O.M.G. This thing is absolutely amazing. Hats off to Ean and the crew for this amazing (possibly revolutionary??) controller and mapping! Arcade buttons and LEDs.. Brilliant!! Oh dear.. now I'll just be dreaming of bigger ones, and more controls..
    Last edited by elf; 07-16-2010 at 06:12 AM.

Default leds

I've reflashed my MF, and the bottom 8 leds still aren't turning on like they're supposed to.

I'm lost now

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    I believe some of the first units may have slipped through with the old firmware.

What number units do you guys have?
    Do you know how many made it out with the old firmware? (approx?)
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

Quote Originally Posted by Redlight View Post
    Do you know how many made it out with the old firmware? (approx?)
    Did you follow the instructions in the flashing sticky to the letter?

Quote Originally Posted by Duji View Post
    I've reflashed my MF, and the bottom 8 leds still aren't turning on like they're supposed to.

I'm lost now
    Got it, another flash did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by jthompsn View Post
    Did you follow the instructions in the flashing sticky to the letter?
    Just got the midi fighter in the mail. Have'nt even opened the box yet.

I was just asking Midifidler if there was a specific number of MFer's that got out before it was relized.
    Last edited by Redlight; 07-16-2010 at 02:46 PM.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

Quote Originally Posted by Redlight View Post
    Just got the midi fighter in the mail. Have'nt even opened the box yet.

I was just asking Midifidler if there was a specific number of MFer's that got out before it was relized.
    Sorry that was directed at the other fellow with the LED/flashing problem. I hope yours works well! Fun piece of kit huh?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast