Love My LFO [Progressive Dubstep]

Default Love My LFO [Progressive Dubstep]

Yup. You read that right. I just made up my own damn subgenre. What started off as dubstep has veered so far off the regular path that I don't know what to call it anymore.

Anyway, this is the first track off my coming EP (possibly called "Box Fulla' Lambs"). Hopefully none of you remember the last song I posted here :eek:. I think you'll find this is a lot better.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions, especially because I plan to continue working on this track until I release the EP this winter.

Special thanks to our very own pilmat for once again doing the vocal work for me!
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Haha, I DO remember that one... what was it called again? M is for something or other.. I dunno... s'all a blur :P
    Good job starting your own subgenre lol.
    I like this one, it's a good start if it'll the first track. One suggestion though, the synth sounds a bit too umm... crunchy? might be better smoother. Also maybe another bassline in addition to the sub bass?
    Keep it up, it's good stuff.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

I don't recall ever producing a track that started with "M is for..."

I know the synth sounds a little distorted at times. I could rip all the hair out of my head trying to get a synth to sound perfect once I get close. Before I release the final version, it's something I'll spend time on, but for now I think it does the trick.

Thanks for your feedback, and hopefully we can all forget about my previous, awful track. "P is for in the Past"

Oh and another thing: how does the sub bass sound? I spend a lot of time watching the frequency analyzer, trying to get it nice and deep.
    LamboxMusic.com

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    Thanks for your feedback, and hopefully we can all forget about my previous, awful track. "P is for in the Past"

Oh and another thing: how does the sub bass sound? I spend a lot of time watching the frequency analyzer, trying to get it nice and deep.
    Haha, will try to forget about it

Sub bass sounds good! My headphones slight bit bass heavy though, also the sub bass isn't as noticeable in the first half. I'll give you better feedback on the sub bass when I get to Waterloo on the weekend, my subwoofer is over there.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

ctrld

bit less reverb, bit more subbass, but definitely lightyears ahead of the M track

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    Haha, will try to forget about it

Sub bass sounds good! My headphones slight bit bass heavy though, also the sub bass isn't as noticeable in the first half. I'll give you better feedback on the sub bass when I get to Waterloo on the weekend, my subwoofer is over there.
    All right man sounds good. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    bit less reverb, bit more subbass, but definitely lightyears ahead of the M track
    Thanks! Definitely needs some work, I agree. To be honest, I just wanted to get something out there to cover up the bad taste that "M" track left in my mouth. lol.

Thanks gentlemen!
    LamboxMusic.com

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    Kinda agree here, but it's definitely going to be an killer track when your done.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Kinda agree here, but it's definitely going to be an killer track when your done.
    Thanks man!
    LamboxMusic.com