VCI won't boot up after upgrade
    Tech Student

Default VCI won't boot up after upgrade

OK - so I've gone through the steps as instructed using serial to serial cable and the VCI is dead once I try to turn on after the upgrade. There are red lights showing from the jog wheels and the occasional random flashing of buttons but no power.

I've scanned the previous posts and similar problems have been sorted by changing the advanced set up of the flash software. However I can;t find this now as this software is downloaded as an exe file and not a zip file containing the advanced set up options. Once I run the software it seems to go OK but the program crashes at the end of installation.

Any ideas on how to sort this as I have a lame duck on my hand at present - or at least to restore it to v1.2 if this is not going to happen.

Thanks
    Andy

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Does it go through the install shield wizard when you click on the exe? When I downloaded it I got an exe as well, but it installed the software when I double clicked on it. Might be obvious, but did you look in the program file for a Renases? Advance setup is in the FDT4.05 folder. Sort by name and look for FDTAdvancedSetup file. I guess you could just search your computer for that file.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

Started again on a different pc - downloaded the software...located the advanced settings..changed them.

Repeated steps in the video and success!!!!

Thank feck for that!

Cheers, man!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Great!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

sweetness!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |