Smart knob question

Default Smart knob question

Hey,

I have a scs 3 system and I wanted to assignment this "smart knob" to control effects but the best I can get done is engage one effect at 0 and one at 50% I want the second effect to engage at 100%. Is this possible?

I tried searching and reading the articles but I just cant figure it out.

Thanks

Pork

what software are you using to play your music?

P.S. anyone else pick up on the oxymoron of the name Smart Knob?
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

On the SCS system you have to use DaRouter and a preset (that is made with Bomes Midi Translator) You can change some things in the midi controller section of Traktor, but not sure if you could map a smart knob without altering the preset in Bomes.

What I did was to buy another midi controller (Oxygen 49). You could get the smaller Oxygen, an x-session pro, korg nano controll (cheapest option), etc. Then map what ever you want to the new contollers knobs and buttons.

The turn on an effect at 100% I am pretty sure would require Bomes either way. I'm not positive, but I don't think it can be done in Traktor.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 07-17-2010 at 03:26 PM.

if you put the scs3m into flat mode, some sliders become "super sliders"

1.3 Flat Mode
    Flat mode is designed for the user using middleware to provide advanced modal functionality. In flat mode super slider functionality is enabled. Super slider functionality is the ability of each slider strip to operate simultaneously as both a slider and a set of two or three buttons. There are two types of sliders. S1 and S2 are three button sliders and S3 through S11 are two button sliders.
    In addition to the CC message for each slider, note on and note off messages are sent when the user places their finger(s) on or removes it from the slider. The Note number used for this is the same as the CC number for the slider.
    see the attached midi specs..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Just "invert" the assignment for the one you want to turn on at 100%. Otherwise you could use Midipipe or a similar program for further customization if you don't want to get into Bomes.
    DJ Neurotique

Tant qu'y a du noir, y'a d'l'espoir!
    Berurier Noir

I'm sorry I didn't detail my question better! I'm trying to reintroduce myself to the web community again! I'll get it!

I am using traktor scratch pro with the scs 3 system.

So if I read the following posts I gathered the following:

the combo of darouter and the scs 3 system will not send the proper midi data for most of the sliders. If I put it in "flat mode" I could get S1 and S2 to perform this. Or are you saying that S1 and S2 and send on/off at 0%, 50% and 100% and S3-S11 can turn on at 0% and 100%(the % being a variable)?

I'm trying to keep things half simple.

Maybe I should look into on of them Oxygen boards.

I was thinking of getting an X session to put between my 3d's and use the 3 m for effects. The one day get a midi fighter for each side!

Those oxygen boards are def reliable hey?

Thanks for all the support!

Pork

Quote Originally Posted by Porkie View Post
    :

the combo of darouter and the scs 3 system will not send the proper midi data for most of the sliders. If I put it in "flat mode" I could get S1 and S2 to perform this. Or are you saying that S1 and S2 and send on/off at 0%, 50% and 100% and S3-S11 can turn on at 0% and 100%(the % being a variable)?

i have not tried it. i guess (in flat mode) the sliders work normally, but they send out a button message on the two/three different sections of the sliders.
    try getting nem0nics attention here or over at http://forums.stantondj.com/ i'm sure he can help a lot better
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst